Chapter 44

"She's asleep, how do you expect her to know that you are calling her?"

"Well... can't she hear the ringing?"

"You know how she sleeps. Besides, why are you calling her? We already found her so just calm down."

"I just want to make sure she's in safe hands."

"She's obviously in safe hands, she's literally wrapped around Cole's arms."

"What makes his hands so safe? Why didn't she tell us in the first place?"

"She doesn't have to tell us anything because we already fully trust her."

"I know, but s-"

The voices abruptly stopped as they heard shuffling, they looked back down at the couch where Emma and Cole were cuddled on as she buried her head deeper into Cole's chest and clutched his shirt tighter as though he could reduce the noise only causing Cole's grip to slightly tighten round Emma, pulling her closer.

"Aww, they're so cute."

"Yeah, yeah, but this Cole guy... how am I sure he didn't kidnap her or drug her...What if someone had come in and tried to drug her? What if this was all a plan to-"

"You realize he is taller and stronger than you and he looks like he will crush a person's skull if they so much as look at Emma's direction."

"He's only a few inches taller and n-"

A small yawn was heard from Emma and their focus went back to the sleeping pair on the sofa.

"Shhh. She's waking up."

"Emma, wake up it's us."

Emma's eyes fluttered open at the sound of the familiar voice and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion before realizing that she had slept off in Cole's house, she looked up and the confusion fell back on her face.

"Andrew? Angel?" She said as she managed to peek at them from behind Cole's shoulder. Angel shot her a look that had the mixture of an apology and amusement.

"That's us. Sorry for waking you up. Someone got scared when we didn't find you at home." Angel said glaring at him.

"I'm the one that should be mad? Why didn't you tell me you were here? What if you needed help? How many times do I have to tell you to tell me your...everything? You're lucky you weren't murdered or I would have killed you." Andrew whisper-scolded Emma only causing her to roll her eyes as she gently shook Cole.

"I don't think he's going to wake up, we've tried, he sleeps deader than you, and that's saying something. Now imagine if we were armed robbers and we are about to kill you but he was to fast asleep to save you." Andrew said, continuing his rant of worry as he let out an annoyed snort.

"I've been awake from the moment I heard your car pull up in my drive way." The sudden sound of Cole's deadly deep voice caused everyone to slightly jump and Emma to giggle as they finally sat up.

"How did you even find me?" Emma asked Andrew after a sip of the hot drink in her hands.

They all had walked over to the kitchen and were sitting opposite each other on the swivel chairs that were positioned beside the marble counter, a cup of coffee in each of their hands.

"That's none of your business." Andrew said, still annoyed but failed to hide the slight hint of guilt in his eyes as he suddenly avoided Emma's suspicious gaze.

Angel rolled her eyes and Cole couldn't help but chuckle at the annoyed look Emma had directed to Andrew.

"Angel?" Emma said giving her friend a warning look.

"Hey, it's not my fault, I completely trust you to go to safe places, it was your dear brother over here that put a GPS tracker on your phone." Emma almost chocked on her coffee as her gaze directed to Andrew.

"You what?" Emma said shooting death glares at the guilty looking Andrew.

"Well it's not quite his fault, you do have a hobby of going on various unknown adventures." Cole said a grin on his lips as he looked down at Emma. Emma shot him a glare similar to the one she had on Andrew but this one a little less deadly.

"So you agree to this?" She said, staring at him as though he had just proclaimed that humans had the right to eat other humans only drawing a chuckle from Cole as he looked down at her, tucking a stray strand of her hazel hair behind her ear.

"I never said I agree with it, I just said I don't blame him if he's worried. You're too smart to get into trouble." Andrew rolled his eyes at them as Emma's gaze softened and a satisfied smile filled it causing Cole's smile to widen.

"At least he knows how to put out your flames." Andrew said, air quoting the 'flames' part as though they were none existent and drawing a laugh from Angel and an eye roll from Emma.

Moments passed and their chatter about various things filled the room and laughter consumed the air in the matter of minutes.

"Wait, so you are telling me that you have the whole collection of Ted Dekker books? Including the Circle series?" Andrew said looking at Cole as though he had just offered him a million dollars.

"They're upstairs in my room, wanna check 'em out?" Cole said grinning at him. Andrew had already begun to stand up at the mention of them being upstairs and the pair headed up to Cole's room.

Angel and Emma burst out laughing and shook their heads.

"Two grown men who look like killing machines turn into teenage boys over a book." Emma said letting out a sigh as she watched them practically fly up the stairs. Angel let out a laugh and shook her head in agreement before her face suddenly became dead serious drawing a furrow in Emma's eyebrows as she looked at her, confused by the sudden change.

"So what's up with you and Cole Walker," Angel said in a singsong voice, a grin now playing on her lips as Emma rolled her eyes at her friend's immediate change of topic.

"Nothing is up Angel, we're just friends."

Angel held her hand on her chest as though someone had hit it and she let out a gasp.

"Why do you lie Emmeline Davids? To me of all people!" Angel said as she wiped an imaginary tear off her cheek, causing Emma to giggle and shake her head.

"I don't think people who are just friends look at each other that way." Angel continued leaning forward to look at Emma whose face was still filled with confusion.

"What do you mean?" Emma asked carefully and Angel rolled her eyes at her oblivion

"Emma. You look at him as though he has pure gold for eyes and he looks at you as though you are the pure gold." Angel said whispering it as though it was some kind of deadly secret. Emma's face turned red and she looked around trying to avoid Angel's gaze.

"I don't know, I just.... I don't know." Emma said sighing and finally looking back at Angel who had a grin on her face. Angel's grin softened into a warm smile and it slightly widened as she reached out and took Emma's hands in hers.

"Emma, you are so beautiful and kind and most people take advantage of your warm loving heart, and I can tell that's what you're afraid of, but I see it in his eyes, Emma anyone can tell that he literally adores you, and I can tell that you extremely like him too. Now all you have to do is just pray for God to guide you and most especially guide Cole and remember that God will always turn things around in the most unexpected way possible." Emma nodded and her smile mirrored the one on her Best friend's lips.

AQ A"I will."

A/N

I'm sorry this chapter isn't that good, I've just been off lately. Anywho, thx for reading 😅