Chapter 20

Emma walked out of her second to the last class, a smile playing on her lips. Her day had been going good so far, which she hadn't expected, and she loved it. 

This is the day the Lord has made and I will be glad and rejoice in it.

The verse flashed through her head and her smile increased.

God, thank you for making this day go smoothly. I commit it into your hands Lord.

She checked the small watch on her wrist, her class was starting in about 45 minutes so she could get a head start on reading what she had missed the day that she slept through the whole class.

She passed by the windows of various classrooms and could hear the chatter of people, most of the lecturers weren't around, and you could actually feel the tension being lifted up the air as people wandered around aimlessly.

She had almost reached her destination, then suddenly slowed down realizing that the room beside her was awfully quiet, even when there was someone teaching, it was never this silent, so this was incredibly unusual. 

Suspicion finally took over, causing her to walk backwards in order to look back into the class window and she immediately froze by what met her.

She couldn't see anyone else because the window wasn't very wide, but just the look on his face told her that there was someone there and he was about to do something to that someone.

His grey eyes had darkened and looked almost black and his jaw clenched and released, showing the muscles as they moved up and down as though being removed and reattached over and over again. 

She could hear his slow, heavy breathing from where she stood and imagined how it was inside the room.

His fists were tightly contracted in a ball in such a way that it looked like the blood circulation there had stopped.

His neck seemed to have heated up a few degrees and looked as though in any second his head would burst off.

He took a step forward and flexed his fingers, causing Small cracks to be heard and helping Emma to snap out of her bemused state.

She didn't even know how, but she felt her body begin to move towards the entrance of the class. 

God. Guide me.

It was as though everyone's attention was to focused on Cole, that they hadn't even realized she had entered.

Emma looked towards the person in front of Cole and she was tempted too just leave him to beat the guy up. 

Jake. 

She thought about it for a while and let out a sigh. 

Why am I always the good Samaritan? God, please calm his heart.

She finally gained enough courage and walked in front of Cole and could immediately feel all eyes on her, all eyes except his.

His mind was still fixed on destroying every bone in Jake's body and Emma still had to encourage herself not to let him do so. 

"Cole" She said in a whisper, trying desperately to get his attention.

He didn't reply. He didn't even glance down at her. It was like his whole body was concentrated on Jake and every way or method he'd use to crush him. 

She let out a frustrated sigh.

Guide me Lord.

She slowly rose up both her hands and gently cooped his face in her palms. she was slightly on her tiptoes because of his height as she slowly brought his face down to meet her eyes.