Chapter 25

Emma's jaw dropped open as she stared at the moving pictures in front of her, completely flabbergasted by the actions taking place.

"Are you telling me that his so-called manager was working with those dudes that kidnapped him and made him make those weapons!?!" She said a look of utter astonishment plastered on her face.

"Something like that." He said, not really paying attention to her question. He wasn't even that interested in the movie, he had watched it before so nothing really surprised him, but something else astounded him.

He was just marveling. Marveling at the fact that beside him sat Emma, a girl he had taunted and nabbed for so long, that same girl was sitting beside him, on his sofa, watching a movie in his house, and it completely blew him away.

How was it possible? He had to constantly keep on reminding himself that she came here by wish and not that he had kidnapped her.

He turned to look at her and a smile formed on his lips as he watched the changes in her facial expression as various emotions flashed through her.

"Oh My Gosh." She said and turned to meet his stare. "Did you see that? It was like he ripped someone's heart out, except that it was electronic." Cole opened his mouth to respond but it seemed as though she was talking to herself because she quickly turned back and kept on watching.

He checked the time on his watch and his smile grew to realize that it was still a little bit early.

"Does he die?" She said whispering it as though trying to prevent the characters in the movie from hearing her. 

"I don't think so, seeing that there is part 2 and 3 that is." He said chuckling at her eagerness. A smile quickly flashed on her face, satisfied by the answer, and she turned back and continued watching.

They had popped popcorn and she had a large white blanket draped round her body. Cole looked at her once more smiling and shaking his head before turning back to face the screen. He had asked her multiple times whether he should switch on the thermostat but she had insisted on getting the whole cinema experience.

The movie finally came to an end and Emma let out a sigh as though she had been holding her breath the whole time. 

"Did you like it?" Cole said, a grin playing on his lips. Emma turned to look at him with a look of disbelief.

"You really need to stop asking me questions you know the answer to. Of course I liked it! Who wouldn't?" She said, a wide smile illuminating her face. 

"Does it beat Anime?" Cole said wiggling his eyebrows at her.

"Not at all. Though, Iron Man is somewhat like you." She said giggling and causing Cole to tilt his head, waiting for her to elaborate.

"You're like this guy that everyone thinks loves making weapons and stuff, while you actually just want some kind of peace...and you're filthy rich." She said shrugging, a smile playing on her lips. Cole rolled his eyes at her last point, mirroring the smile.

"But I didn't inherit it from anyone and I am most definitely not as rich as Iron Man," he said, causing Emma to giggle as he couldn't help but gently pinch her nose that had now turned a light shade of red due to the unnecessarily cold atmosphere.

"Then what do you do right now, except making weapons that is." It was Cole's turn to laugh as he thought, weighing his options on whether to tell her or not.

"As surprising as it seems, I don't actually make weapons." He said as though he was answering someone interviewing him. 

"Oh really, I had no clue," Emma said in a fake astonished voice. 

"I make paintings." He said, a grin spreading on his face.

Emma's eyes widened in real astonishment this time, as she looked back at him. Her gaze drifted to the picture of the woman on his wall. 

"Did you draw that?" She said whispering, as though she was telling a large secret. 

"I didn't draw it, I painted it." Her jaw dropped even more at the response.

"Is she your mum?" Emma asked. Cole looked both surprised and somewhat saddened as he nodded.

"Yeah, how did you know? We don't look alike in any way, except our hair." Cole asked, racking his fingers through his hair. 

"It's just common knowledge, you're not really the social type of person, and you only hang around Derrick and Rose, so I didn't think you'd just have a picture of a random pregnant woman on your wall." A smirk formed on Cole's lips as he eyed her.

"Someone's been stalking me." He said, winking at her and drawing the hundredth blush from her as her cheeks instantly turned a deeper shade. 

"I don't stalk people Gris. I'm just very observant." She said shrugging her shoulders, her face still slightly tinted with pink. Cole's smirk widened at the spot of her blush.

"I never said a name, now did I?" Cole said raising one eyebrow at her and only causing her cheeks to redden more. 

"Shut up." She said, lightly shoving him.

Cole pretended to fall and let out a fake groan. "How dare you touch the merchandise?" Cole said dramatically gesturing to his body, only causing Emma to giggle once more.

"What's the next movie?" She said, spotting the CDs sprawled across the other end of the sofa. 

"I think after Iron Man they decided to go to Iron Man 2," He said chuckling, amused by her unique questions.

Emma let out a small giggle, also realizing the peculiarity of the question. 

"Or maybe they just skipped to part three," Cole said, slowly sitting up, only to be shoved back down by Emma who was still going through a laughing streak

"This is child abuse," Cole said, finally sitting up and draping the blanket round both him and Emma as he scooted closer to her. 

"You need help Cole." Emma said, grinning up at him.

Cole's smile widened as he looked down at her, finally embracing the truth of the matter. 

"That's why I have you, Emma."