Genevieve

Genevieve sat at the bar, slowly working on a glass of whiskey, waiting. The door opened, the bell rang, and she glanced over to see Damon and Stefan strutting towards her, followed by a young girl with dark brown hair. She jumped out of her chair, a grin on her face, and motioned to hug the two brothers.

"Hello Damon, Stefan. Been too long," she said with a light laugh.

"Hey, Gen. How's it been, babe?" Typical Damon, always calling girls babe.

"Good, good," she responded, while wrapping Stefan up in a big hug.

She took a step back, studying their companion. She eyed both boys, waiting, before rolling her eyes in exasperation. "Must I always ask for introductions?" 

"Oh, right. Gen, this is Elena Gilbert. Elena, this is Genevieve," Damon began. "Gen is an old friend of ours. We first met in 1864, right after we became vampires. Ran into her again in the 60's. Great fun, this one," he laughed.

Elena nodded along, "Nice to meet you." She looked between the three of them. "So, you're a vampire, too?"

Genevieve nodded. "Yes, I am. Have been for quite some time."

"How old are you?"

She smiled. "Very old." She smirked, and eyed Damon and Stefan. "Let's just say, that compared to me, these two are babies."

Damon and Stefan both rolled their eyes and guffawed at this remark.

"Anyways..." Damon led them back to the bar counter, hoping to steer the conversation towards what he wanted to know. "What're you doing here, Gen? Been too long for you to just drop in. Besides," he said knowingly, "you were never the type to show up unexpectedly."

"Oh, Damon. Always so eager to find out my secrets."

He grinned cockily, as always.

"Truth is, I'm looking for someone. I've been told that she's a good friend of yours. Bonnie Bennett." 

"What do you want with Bonnie?" Elena asked, her voice dripping with uncertainty about Genevieve.

"I'm afraid that will remain between she and I. Better for all of you. So," she looked at Damon and Stefan, "can you direct me to her?" 

"Of course. But, I will get it out of you, one way or another." 

Gen smiled, "You can certainly try. But, as we both know, you've never been able to get out of me anything I didn't already want you to know."

Rolling his eyes, he stood up, motioning for her to follow. "Alright, alright, don't say anymore. I've gotta reputation to protect, y'know!" 

He led her out of The Grill, towards his car, holding the door open for her to get in. Then, they drove off together, on their way to find Bonnie Bennett.

"Bonnie, meet Genevieve. Genevieve, Bonnie. Now, play nice, children."

Bonnie eyed him with frustration. "Don't mind him, he's a bit of a jerk."

"Oh, I'm well acquainted with Damon and his attitude. Hasn't changed much in the last couple hundred years," she laughed.

Bonnie raised her eyebrows in surprise. "So you and Damon are old friends?"

"Oh yes. Quite old." 

"Huh...well what can I do for you? Must be important, if Damon's tagging along."

"It is. I'm wondering if you can help me with something. There's a...person, who I've been tracking for quite some time. Unfortunately, they've always been at least one step ahead of me. So, I thought, perhaps, with the right spell, I could see where they're headed next. Is that something you can help me with?"

Bonnie nodded. "Yeah, of course. I'll need some of the person's blood, though. I don't suppose you have any on you?"

"Unfortunately not. But, seeing as you are able to use a familial match, I drained a bit of my blood in preparation." 

Bonnie's eyes widened slightly in shock as she took the vial of blood. "How did you know that?" 

Genevieve  chuckled. "I am somewhat familiar with this particular spell, as I've had it performed before. But that was many years ago. So, now that you have my blood, is there anything else you require?"

Bonnie told her the other ingredients she needed, and to her surprise, Genevieve was able to produce all of them.

"I will also need to channel someone. This spell will require a lot of power, and unfortunately I am not that powerful. Damon do you think you could-"

Genevieve cut her off, motioning for Damon stay put. "You can channel me. I'm older than Damon, so I should be able to provide you with more power."

"If you don't need me, then I'm gonna take off."

"Where to, Damon? Got places to be, and people to murder?" Bonnie asked jokingly.

"Something like that," he replied with a laugh.

"Okay then," Bonnie said, "let's get started."