Two Sirens Walk Into A Warehouse...

Genevieve had lost the others a few blocks back. She was older. Faster. It wasn't hard to get ahead. She needed time to think, to plan. She had no idea what she was going to do, but she knew she had to do something. After so many years of searching, she had finally found Circe. Gen wasn't about to let her slip through her fingers yet again.

"What do you think you're going to do, dear sister? Strut in there like a peacock and hope she surrenders?" Felix said behind her.

Gen rolled her eyes. "If anyone is going to be strutting, Felix, it's going to be you."

"True," he shrugged his shoulders. 

He came up next to her, putting his hand on her shoulder for comfort. "Gen, why are you so driven to take her down yourself? You've been at this for millenia. It's time to rest."

Gen looked him in the eye, and shrugged off his hand. "It's my fault this has gone for so long. Because I was too weak, I couldn't do what needed to be done. Because she's-" she cut herself off, taking a deep breath. "It's my fight, and I'll be the one to finish it. I can rest...when she's dead."

The other finally caught up to them. She took a step back from Felix, focusing on the warehouse once again.

"She'll be expecting us. Which means we need to be on our guard. Knowing her, she could have some kind of trap waiting."

"Just how exactly do you plan to get my daughter back?" Hayley growled.

Gen looked at her, her face full of determination. "I promise, I will get her back, alive and unharmed."

"Yes, but you see," Klaus began, "I myself am a bit worried that you don't have it in you. That you don't have what it takes to kill her. Seeing as you apparently were once good friends." 

"Klaus," Felix warned.

Gen's eyes lit up like a fire. "Don't say something you'll regret, Klaus. Don't forget, I'm older than you, smarter than you, and more powerful. Do not, for one second, doubt that I have what it takes." 

With that, she turned and began walking towards the warehouse, soon after followed by the others. 

"How exactly do you and Stefan know her?" Caroline asked, her voice a hoarse whisper.

"We met her in 1864 right after we transitioned. She helped us in the beginning, getting us used to our new forms and identities. She taught us how to hunt, how to hide. We owe her everything," Damon explained.

"Where did you find her? I mean, it's not like there was a poster advertising for 'vampire lessons'," Bonnie retorted.

"To be perfectly honest, she found us," Stefan said. "We don't really know how or why. All we know is that she just showed up one day, knowing exactly who we were, offering to help us."

"Am I the only who's noticed that in the few days I've known her, I haven't once seen her feed? Is that normal?" Elena questioned.

Stefan shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe we just haven't seen her doing it. But you know, come to think of it, when we knew her in 1864, and in the 60's, I never saw her feed then either. Maybe she just has much better control."

"Shh!" Gen hissed from in front of them. They were coming up on the warehouse doors.

Before she could even touch them, one of the doors slowly opened of its own accord.

"That's not ominous or anything," Damon remarked.

Genevieve took a tentative step inside the pitch black warehouse, the only sound that of their feet on the floor. She flexed her fingers, ands a slight tingling sensation arose. Then, her hand burst into flames. The others jumped, surprised by the fire.

"I didn't know you could do that," Felix whispered.

She smiled, then remembered no one could see her face. "Well when you haven't seen me in over 200 years, you'll find there's lots of stuff I can do that you didn't know about."

The light from her hand slightly illuminated the room. There was no furniture, no people, nothing.

"I don't understand. Shouldn't she be here? Why is it so empty?" Elena asked.

"I don't know," Gen breathed.

Suddenly, the roof peeled back and the sunlight filtered in. Across the room, stood a young woman. She appeared to be about 20 years old, though in all honesty she probably could have passed for someone even younger than that. Her hair was a deep black, offsetting her pale skin tone. Her eyes were a piercing gray, surveying everyone in the room with smug amusement. Her countenance was that of superiority, and she moved with such grace and fluidity.

"Well, well. Isn't this a wonderful turnout?"