What About Hope?

Gen threw open the front doors, and ran out of the house. She was immediately stopped by Klaus, who grabbed her by her shirt and brought her close.

"What the hell does she want with my daughter?" he demanded, his voice echoing in the silence of the night.

"Niklaus!" Elijah yelled, before racing towards his brother and attempting to pull him away.

"TELL ME!" Klaus roared.

"I DON'T KNOW!" Gen roared back. Everyone was silent for a moment.

Genevieve sighed, and ran her fingers through her hair. "I mean, I have an idea, but it's just a theory. It may not be true."

"Well a theory is better than nothing," Rebekah said.

"Circe...Circe is obsessed with breaking the spell that limits her, with world domination. In order to break the spell, on her own, she would need the life and soul of a powerful witch."

"But, how would she know that my daughter is that witch? She's only a baby."

"Give me your hands," Gen said, before roughly taking Klaus' hands in her own. She closed her eyes, and searched through his memories of Hope. Even though he hadn't seen it yet, she could see it clear as day.

"Your daughter is going to be a very powerful witch someday. One of the most powerful ever born. She's already begun to show signs of it, but as usual, you're too blind to see it."

Gen released his hands, and let hers fall to her sides. 

"If Circe gets ahold of your daughter, she'll use her to break the spell. First, she drain her soul, and then, she'll take her life. In doing so, she'll be able to absorb all her untapped power, and use it to break the spell herself."

"How do we stop this?" Rebekah asked.

"The only way is for us to get to New Orleans before Circe, and hide Hope somewhere safe."

Klaus scowled. "I'd much rather face this Circe head on. Make her regret coming after my family."

"A decision that will get you killed. Circe is too powerful, even with the binding spell. She could kill you without so much as batting an eye."

"So what do you suggest we do then? I mean, we can't do nothing! This is my daughter!" Klaus exclaimed.

"I'm not saying we should do nothing. I'm just saying we need to be more cautious, lest we all be killed. Firstly, we should head to New Orleans, and collect Hope. We need to get her somewhere safe, somewhere Circe won't  be able to find her. Then, we need to formulate a plan. Circe is going to be hard to defeat, so we need to be prepared."

"Well then let's go!" a voice said behind them.

Gen whirled around to se Damon, Stefan, and the others.

"No, you're not coming, Damon."

"And why not?" 

"Because Circe's dangerous, and I'd rather you not get yourselves killed."

Stefan rolled his eyes. "Look, we want to help, we're going to help, so we're going."

Gen stood there, her face full of anger and frustration. Finally, she took a deep breath.

"Fine. I suppose we could use all the help we can get. But it's your funeral."

"Great!" Damon said gleefully, "When do we leave?"

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading my story! I hope you all are liking it so far! I'm changing up the storyline with who her love interest is, and it may change again so just pay attention to that:)

Anyhoo, thank you all again for reading! If you have any comments please don't hesitate to let me know! Enjoy!