What's In A Name?

"What the hell are you doing here?" Felix spluttered. "I expected you to be halfway across the world right now."

"Well, I was," she sighed, "but then I got a call. Circe took them."

Felix stilled. "Who? he whispered.

"Who do you think, dumbass? Mum and dad."

"What? Why?"

"Probably for the ritual. Honestly, now that I've thought about it, I'm sure she was the one who sent them to Mystic Falls in the first place, to try and distract me."

"Well what are you doing here? Why haven't you gone after them?" Felix demanded.

"Probably because I don't care? One of the perks of having no humanity is that you don't care anymore. Makes it easier to get through life when you don't feel anything."

"Are you serious?"

"Does it look like I'm kidding?"

Felix laughed in disbelief. "We're talking about the woman who gave you life, who lived you for over two thousand years despite everything you've done. The man who raised you, and taught you everything. And you just don't care?"

"They should have died a long, long time ago, same as you and I."

Felix just stared at her, unable to hide his shock at the words coming out of her mouth.

"I can't believe you," he shook his head. "In the past you've said some pretty harsh stuff, but you've never been this cruel about your own family. I suppose I should've known that after awhile, I wouldn't even recognize my own sister."

Something like emotion seemed to flicker through her eyes for a moment, but just as quickly as it had appeared, it was gone.

"Well...you may not care," he started, "but I certainly do. So I'm going to get my family back, and you had better be coming with me, or so help me, I'll make your actions look like child's play when I come back for you."

They stood there for what seemed like hours, staring each other down. Finally, she gave in.

"Fine, if it will get you off my back and let me get back to my activities, then I'll come. But don't expect me to be good. I burned that bridge the day I changed my name, and I changed it for a reason."

"I know," Felix gritted his teeth.

"We leave in an hour," Genevieve said as she turned and walked back towards the front door. "Let's get this over with."

"Why did you change your name? What even is your real name?" Elena blurted.

Genevieve stopped, and half turned back. "That...is none of your business." Then she walked out the door, slamming it loudly behind her.