Keep Marching On

"She...she just killed...all those people. Without a second thought," Caroline whispered.

Elena grasped Caroline's hand, trying to provide what little comfort she could to her obviously distraught friend. After the disaster at the club in Venice, the group had gone back to the villa in Sicily, unsure of what else to do but to keep looking for Circe. Much to Felix's chagrin.

"We should have stayed in Venice. We should have kept trying to help her," Felix argued.

"There wasn't much we could do, Felix. It's obvious she didn't want to be helped." Elijah interjected.

"That doesn't mean we give up!"

"We're not necessarily giving up," Alaric argued, "but there is something more pressing and that's finding Circe and Klaus' daughter. And we can't do that if we're chasing after Genevieve. Especially when she made it so clear what she would do to us if we kept trying."

Felix shook his head. "Non of you understand. You haven't been there the last 2,000 years. You haven't watched her go through such emotional turmoil. You can't even begin to comprehend what she's been through with-" but then he cut himself off.

"With what?" Damon asked, his voice hoarse. 

"Nothing. Nothing you need to concern yourselves with." 

"What exactly are you hiding?" Klaus asked, his eyes narrowed.

"Nothing," Felix pushed. "Let. It. Go."

Klaus pushed out of his seat, unwilling to let the subject drop. "What is so important to you that you have to keep it a secret? Why do you refuse to tell us?"

"Because it's not your business, boy."

"Do not. Call me. Boy." Klaus growled.

"What else would I call you? Compared to me, you're a child."

A blur of motion, then they were both on the floor, Klaus on top of Felix, throwing hit after hit, till Felix was bruised and bleeding. Klaus swung his fist one more time, but it never landed. Felix caught it in his hand, mid air, and twisted his arm to the side, before throwing his own punch, knocking Klaus square in the face. He was on his feet in a matter of seconds, grabbing Klaus by the throat and tossing him against the wall.

"Guys, stop it!" Caroline pleaded.

Felix caught him by the throat once more, thrusting him up into the air. Klaus flailed about, trying desperately to free himself. But to no avail. 

"You cannot beat me, Klaus Mikaelson, and it is foolish for you to try. Many have, and many have failed." With that he loosed his grip and let Klaus fall to the floor. 

Caroline rushed over to help him up, pulling him to his feet.

With one hand still on Klaus' chest, trying to keep him from jumping on Felix again, she turned to Felix and said, "All we want to know is what is so special about Genevieve's relationship with Circe. I am sure that there is more to the story, so why won't you tell us?"

Felix averted her gaze. "Because it's not my secret to tell." 

"I should think not," someone said behind him.

He whirled around, to find himself facing the last person he expected to see there.

"Hello big brother," Genevieve said.