Sick - J. N.

Y/N's POV

I flipped through various channels until I finally settled on watching the news. I wasn't even paying attention, instead I was using my phone to scan through social media.

I suddenly received a message from Gloria and I opened it.

From: Gloria N.
Hey Y/N are you busy today?

I typed in a response, 'nope' before hitting send. A few seconds later, she replied.

Can you come over to our house? Jace is sick and he doesn't want to eat anything or get out of bed.

To: Gloria N.

Sure. On my way there.

I turned the tv off and grabbed my car keys, jacket, wallet and phone before driving off to Jace's house. I live a few blocks away from him, but I still have to drive cause I don't feel like walking.

I exited my car after parking in front of their house and knocked on the door. Xander opened it and immediately ushered me inside. "Thank God you're here, Y/N. Jace won't get out of bed or eat something or take his medicine. Mom and dad are gone for the night and Jace won't listen to either me or Gloria", he informed me as we walked up the stairs and went to Jace's room.

"Babe?", I whispered as I opened the door and I saw him peacefully sleeping on his bed as two layers of blanket covered him.

"Baby?", I whispered as I made my way towards the bed, Xander closing the door behind him as he left. I frowned when Jace wasn't responding, so I sat behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder and lightly shook him awake. "Honey?"

He moaned and slowly turns around and opened one eye. "Y/N? Baby is that you?", he whispered, his voice hoarse and raspy.

"Yeah Jace, it's me", I replied. He tried his best to sit up, but I refused to let him. In the process, I touched his forehead and immediately jerked my hand away. "Oh my God Jace, you're burning up", I said, "How long have you been feeling so ill? You were fine the other day when we watched a movie"

"M-Maybe yesterday? It was just a cold and then I started to feel sick and I threw up earlier today", he answered. "Well do you want the air condition turned on or off?", I asked him. "J-Just leave it turned on please", he said.

"Ok I'm gonna get you something to eat and get you some medicine ok? I'll be back in a few minutes", I said before pressing a quick kiss on his temple and left his room.

I rushed downstairs and made some soup for Jace. "How is he?", Gloria asked me. "He's burning hot and he's got a cold. Did you know he threw up today?", I informed them. "Threw up? As in puked?", Xander asked. "Yep", I nod my head as I stirred the soup inside the pot.

"Thank God mom and dad are gone. They'll be so pissed once they find out that Jace is sick and refuse to leave bed and we have to use you for his sake", Gloria praised which made me chuckle at her comment.

After making the soup, I placed everything on a tray along with the medicine and a glass of water and juice. Xander and Gloria followed me upstairs and held the door open for me. We found Jace still laid on his bed and is tossing and turning.

I put the tray on the table and sat beside him again to wake him up. "Baby?", I whispered. I notice how sweaty he is and grabbed a towel. "Hey baby, wake up", I shook him again until he opened his eyes and stares at me.

"Soup's ready, you have to eat something", I whispered. Jace nods his head and I helped him sit up before taking the tray and sat in front of him. Before feeding him, I gave him the glass of water since I notice that he looks so pale and needs to be hydrated.

"Did my siblings call you to check on me?", he asked. "Yeah. They said you haven't left your room since morning", I answered while feeding him the soup that I made. "You really didn't have to do this babe", he said to me. "Don't worry. I have nothing to do at home anyway", I shrugged my shoulders, "And besides I love taking care of my boyfriend"

We made small talk as Jace ate his soup until he finished the bowl. I gave him his medicine and he gladly took it.

After taking the medicine, I dipped a towel in warm water and wiped it on his face, neck and arms.

"Feeling better now?", I asked him. "Yes, thank you baby", he smiled as he laid down once again. I grabbed the tray and wad about to leave Jace's room when I heard him whimper, "Please stay"

It made my heart melt, "I'll just leave the tray in the kitchen, I'll come back", I assured him before leaving the room.

Before going down the stairs, I saw Gloria and gave the tray to her. "Can you so me a favor and take the tray to the kitchen please? Jace can be quite neady when he's sick", I smiled.

"I don't believe that", Xander laughs. I flicked his forehead as Gloria nods her head. I thanked her and went back to Jace. He saw me and lifted the duvet as I climbed beside him.

"Thanks again Y/N", he whispered while wrapping his arms around me. "No problem babe. Like I said, I like taking care of you", I smiled before kissing his jaw.

We cuddled with one another and fell asleep after a few minutes. Cuddles with Jace are the best thing in the world.

*Timeskip*

It's been about two weeks since Jace got sick and now he's 100% better. I continued coming over at their house to check on him after that day until the fever, cold and cough were gone and he stopped vomiting.

Today Jace and I are hanging out at my house. My parents are at work and Jace came over to surprise me with ice cream and pizza. We turned on Netflix and ate the food that he brought.

A few seconds l felt my nose tingle. I turn away from him and suddenly sneezed and coughed after that.

"Oh my God", I shrieked and heard Jace laugh. "Noooo your cough and cold went to me", I whined.

"Well now it's my turn to take care of you", Jace smirked.

------------------