Late Night Talks - H. H.

Y/N's POV

I tossed and turned around my bed trying to find the perfect position. It took me about a minute before I let out a heavy sigh while sitting up. My hair is still a bit wet from taking a shower. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed before grabbing my phone to see it's only 11:30.

I got up from my bed and approached my window. I looked outside to saw a lamp still on in Henry's room.

Should I?

I bit my lip before grabbing my jacket, car keys and left my room. I tiptoed my way down the stairs and out the door and ran to the Hart's which is right next to my house. I climbed up the tree and opened Henry's window open.

I saw him sit up and saw me enter his room. "Y/N?"

I held a finger to my lips and shushed him. "Y/N? Hey what are you doing here?" Henry questioned. "I uh I can't sleep," I sheepishly said, "Can we go somewhere? Go on a little adventure?"

"Oh," he said, "Yeah sure. I don't mind."

He grabbed a jacket from his closet before making sure his door is locked before we climbed down the tree and jogged to my car. We got inside and I started the engine before driving off. "Do you do this a lot?" Henry asked. "What? Driving off in the middle of the night? Yeah," I giggled.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, I have sleeping problems sometimes. How do I solve that? Take a stroll in the middle of the night," I explained. "What did you parents say?" Henry asked. "Nothing. I never told them," I smiled.

"Ok when did you became a baddie?" he smirked. I simply shrugged my shoulders at him and giggled.

Henry and I talked about random things as I drove around Swellview. We ended up at the top of a hill where the huge SWELLVIEW sign is.

I opened the trunk of my car and laid a blanket before Henry and I sat down and admired the whole town. I moved closer to my boyfriend and we cuddled with each other and sat in silence, letting the cool air calm our nerves down.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked me. "Yeah," I smiled, "Being here with you always makes me feel better. Thanks for coming with me by the way"

"Does Charlotte and Jasper know that you sneak off at night?"

"Oh God no! You're the first person to know and the first person I dragged to on my nightly adventures," I replied, "It feels nice to run away every once in a while. Honestly if I never care about my family and friends, I would choose to run away from this town, travel the world and never come back."

"You feel that way?" Henry furrowed his eyebrows at what I just said.

"I love this town, I love my family and you guys... But I'd much rather explore the world and find myself," I breathed, "I love being by myself and do things like this. Everything is much calmer and I feel like I'm not in a hurry with anything."

Henry kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly. "How did you feel?" I asked, "When Ray asked you to be his sidekick."

"Honestly... It was so unbelievable. I came for a part time job and the next thing I know... I signed myself to a life-threatening situation," Henry replied, "It's nice to be a sidekick because of the cool adventures and everything. I'm just worried about everyone who knows my secret, at any moment enemies might take you away from me, y'know?"

"I don't even know what's gonna happen to me with all this Kid Danger thing. I don't know when Henry Hart will have a normal life again," Henry adds. I pursed my lips, deep inside I feel bad for Henry. These past few weeks he hasn't been going to school because of crime fighting things and he missed a lot of assignments and lessons.

"Don't worry. I'll always be here for you. Whatever your decision is I'll support you," I promised him. Henry smiled at me. "Thanks babe."

I leaned my head against Henry's shoulder and we both let out a sigh.

Henry and I sat there and continued chatting until it was nearly four in the morning. We head back to our houses and I parked my car in the drive way.

"Hey," Henry said and I turned around to look at him after slamming the car door shut. " Thanks for taking me out and you're right. It does feel nice to run away sometimes, even just for a little while," he smiled.

I smiled at him. "Thanks for coming with me," I said. I leaned against my car as Henry stood in front of me. "Leaving is hard, until you leave. And it'll be the most easiest thing in the world," I added.

Henry smirked at what I said. "Is that how you feel?"

I nodded with a smile. "Running away is the thing I least feel guilty about," I mumbled. I stepped forward and wrapped my arm around Henry's shoulder and whispered, "I love you."

Henry leaned forward and pecked my lips. "I love you too," he said.

We both turn around and climbed up a tree to our rooms.

I laid down on my bed and smiled at the ceiling.

Leaving is hard until you leave. And it'll be the most easiest thing in the world.

--------------