Stargazing - H. H.

Y/N's POV

I sat on my chair while tapping my pen against my open History book. History is my last class for the day and I just want to leave school and crash into my bed.

I tried to listen to my teacher but for some reason, her voice keeps fading. Instead I turned my attention to the window and just stared at the sky. I checked the clock and was glad that I just have wait for two more minutes.

We're actually discussing about the World War II and I'm not too pleased to talk about wars.

The bell finally rang, everyone grabbed their bags and books and left the room.

I reached my locker, pressed my thumb and it unlocked. I shoved my books inside, by the corner of my eye, I saw Henry Hart walking towards me which made me smile.

"Hey", he greeted. "Hi", I replied.

Henry and I have been friends since we were kids and just recently he's been taking me out on dates. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I actually like him, like like him.

"I wanna take you out to dinner tonight", he said. I giggled as I closed my locker, "Wow, that's like once or twice every week now", I joked.

"You deserve the best, baby", he smirked.  I playfully rolled my eyes at him. It's crystal clear that Henry and I have feelings for each other but he hasn't dropped the question yet even though we went on dozens of dates before. "I'll pick you up at 7", he said.

"Seven works", I beamed and kissed his cheek and walked out of school.

I got home in a few minutes. I greeted my parents before going to my room and did my homework as I wait for 7:00.

*Time skip*

I finished doing my homework at around 6:00. I took a quick shower and dried my hair. I wore a white sleeveless shirt, jeans, converse and Henry's jacket since it's a little cold outside.

I curled my hair, put on light make up and grabbed my phone and wallet.

"Hey sweetie. Where are you off to?", my mother asked. "Henry's taking me out on a date", I answered. "Honey are you sure you and Henry aren't dating? Cause you two always go on a lot of dates now", dad said.

"He hasn't dropped the question dad ", I answered, "If he does you're the first to know"

The doorbell rang and I opened it to reveal Henry. "Hey Hen"

"Hi Y/N. Good evening Mr and Mrs L/N", Henry politely greeted my parents which made them smile. "Good evening to you too Henry", mom replied. "Make sure she's home before midnight, ok son", dad spoke. "Noted Mr L/N", Henry saluted my father.

We waved at my parents and left. "Piper's driving us", Henry blurted. "What? Isn't she like twelve?", I asked.

"She has a driver's license, it's valid", Henry explained. I know about Piper's driving license "accident", but it's cute how Henry gets frustrated that Piper is allowed to drive because of her license.

"I paid her fifty bucks to drive safely and keep her mouth shut", he adds before opening the car door for me. I saw Piper wearing an actual chauffer outfit which made me giggle.

The ride to wherever Henry's taking me is quiet. Piper suddenly stopped driving.

"Thanks Piper", Henry smiled at his sister before taking my hand. "Where are you taking me?", I asked.

"That's a surprise. Don't worry, we're close", Henry replied.

We kept on walking until we reached a beautiful scenery by a lake. Fairy lights surround are tangled on a tree and there's a picnic set up and candle lights surrounding it.

"Wow", I breathed. "You like it?", Henry asked with hope filled in his eyes. "I love it! It's so beautiful"

Henry held my hand and we sat down and he opened the basket. "Did you do this all by yourself?", I questioned.

"Charlotte, Jasper and Ray helped me set it all up. I asked for ideas and they wanted me to take you to a fancy restaurant and I said you want simple dates", he explained.

He placed foods like sandwiches, salads, various berries, nuts and chips. He also brought a container filled with cakes.

The amazing part is that we can go stargazing as well. "So how's saving Swellview?", I asked him as we started eating.

"It's pretty great. It's so unreal to be honest, I never thought that this would be my life now", Henry replied, "Sometimes I think to myself "when will my life actually begin?"... I focus my days on saving crime, I never had the time to do normal things that normal teenagers do"

I frown.

"Don't get me wrong, I love being Kid Danger, but I can't picture a day in my life where I don't go to the man cave or punching criminals--"

I held his hand and he stopped rambling, "Hen, I get it. I understand what you're trying to say", I smiled.

"I've been thinking about this for a while now and you're the first person to know", he adds. "What about you? How's your day?", he asked to change the heavy topic.

"I made it to the (favorite sports) team", I said. "Whoa really? Congrats Y/N, you've practiced so hard to get into the team. I'm so proud of you", he cheered. "Thanks Hen", I smiled. 

I ate a sandwich and moaned at the flavourful taste. "Alright, who prepared all these food?", I asked.

"You'd be surprised... I did", Henry admitted. "Alright we've been friends for so long and not once have I seen you stay longer in the kitchen aside from making soup", I said with a hint of amusement.

"Like I said, you'd be surprised", he laughs.

Henry and I spent the night chatting and laughing. Once the food was all in our stomachs, we laid down next to each other and looked at the stars.

"This is so perfect, Hen. I don't want this night to end", I said. "It's as perfect as you", Henry flirted. I giggled at what he said. "By the way Ray wants us at work tomorrow, I asked him to give us the day off today cause of our date", he said.

"Of course", I nod my head.

Henry and I stayed there until 11:00. By then, we fixed everything and turned the lights off before leaving.

We decided to walk back home since Henry doesn't feel like calling Piper and ask her to pick us up.

On our way home, we continued talking and making jokes when Henry suddenly stopped walking and placed the basket on the ground.

"Y/N, I've been meaning to ask you this for some time now", he began as he held both of my hands and we stared at each other.

Dang, I love his brown eyes.

"I really really like you Y/N. You probably know that by now, you're my best friend and I really want us to take this to a new level. Y/N will you be my girlfriend?", he said and bit his lip.

"Of course Henry", I smiled and stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek. After that, I wrapped my arms around his neck and we kissed.

"This night just got better for me", I smirked once we pulled apart. "Although, I can't believe it took you so many dates to finally drop the question. Everyone's been thinking that we're already together", I joked.

"Well now we can say that we are", Henry smirked. I took his free hand and we continued walking home.

-------------------