Return (Part 2) - H. H.

Y/N's POV

It's been days since I returned to Swellview. Everything's great, I reunited with my old friends and we've been catching up every single day.

I spent the entire day today at the ma hanging out with my friends and Ray. Just recently, Henry introduced me to his boss, Ray. He's a pretty chill and funny guy.

I've been hanging out with Henry, doing all the fun things we always do before I left town. Hanging out with Henry these past few days made me realize how much I truly missed him while I was away. He was my best friend and I've been contemplating my thoughts and feelings about Henry.

I admit that I had a crush on him before but it wasn't that big of a deal. He obviously likes someone else. Besides he only sees me as a his best friend. Recently my feelings for Henry blossomed, my "crush" turned to "like". It's hard to control my feelings for him, especially when he has every trait that I'm looking for from a guy.

It was around 8:00 pm when I returned home. I greeted my parents and took a quick shower before changing into my pajamas and sat on my window while looking out the sky.

I pulled my knees to my chest and let out a sigh.

I slightly jumped when someone threw a small rock at my window. I opened the window and saw Henry standing outside.

"What?"

"You're still up", he replied. I watched as he climbed up the tree until he reached my window, I moved aside to let him in.

"I saw you through your window and you look like you need someone to talk to", Henry said as he flopped on a chair in front of me before continuing, "And besides I gotta tell you something"

I smiled. "You really are my best friend. What's your problem?"

He chuckles, "You first"

I looked at him and then started feelings butterflies in my stomach. I pursed my lips and gave him a look.

"I like this guy... But I don't think he feels the same", I smirked, "Got any advice for that?"

"Whoa... First of all who's this guy?", Henry asked. "No way am I telling you", I giggled. "Ok fine, can you at least give me a hint?"

"He's a really great friend of mine. I have this crush on his before and it turned to "like"... Too bad I left him and now I don't even know what he thinks of that", I explained, "He's so caring, nice and sweet. I admire how he puts others first before himself, sometimes I get worried about him because he forgets to take care of himself. He's always been there for me and not once have he let me down"

I felt tears in my eyes as I looked at my hands. "He means a lot to me and a part of me wants to tell him how I feel but I don't want this to affect our friendship. Even if he feels the same, whose to say that our relationship will be perfect? What if something goes wrong and we ended up breaking up? I lost him as my boyfriend and best friend"

Henry was speechless after everything that I've said. "Wow"

I looked at him and pursed my lips. "What should I do?"

"Well I think you should just tell him how you feel", Henry said, "Screw what happens after that, the important thing is you did something. It takes guts to admit your feelings for someone when all these "what ifs" will haunt you for the rest of your life. You'll never know if he feels the same or not unless you said something to him"

I smiled. "I like you"

"I know, I like you too--"

"No, Hen. You're the guy that I like", I interrupted him while slightly leaning forward. I looked into his eyes but I couldn't read him anymore.

I scoffed when he didn't say anything. "I knew it", I mumbled and leaned against my chair once again, "I'm sorry. I knew it, I blew it. I blew the one thing in my life that's perfect... Just say it, Hen. Say it to my face so we can get this over with"

"Y/N--"

I felt myself crying. "Just say the words Henry, please. You don't have to sugar-coat it, just slam it right to my face"

"I like you too", Henry blurted out.

"What?"

"I like you too, Y/N", Henry repeated, "I like you ever since we were kids and I've never stopped liking you, even when you left town. In fact, while you were gone, it made me fully realize how I felt about you"

I grabbed the collar of his flannel and smashed our lips together. Henry was shocked but returned the gesture as he wraps his arms around my waist.

We kissed each other for a few seconds before pulling away and pressed our foreheads together.

"Wow", we both said at the same time before pulling away. "Will you be my girlfriend?", Henry asked.

I smiled, "Yes. Of course"

He smirked as he leans forward to peck my lips.

"What about you?", I asked.

"Hmm?"

"You said you wanted to tell me something"

"Oh. That", he said, "Uhm"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched him shut the blinds and made sure my door was locked.

"Henry what's wrong?"

He pulled out a gum tube with glowing red and blue gum. "Henry?"

"I'm gonna blow a bubble", he said as he popped a gum in his mouth.

"I can see that", I replied.

"I'm gonna blow your mind"

I raised an eyebrow as he blew a bubble until it popped, my mouth hanging open once I saw him dressed as Kid Danger.

Kid freaking Danger.

"Oh my God", I breathed. "This is me, Y/N", Henry said. "Since when?", I asked.

"A day after you left Swellview"

"I-"

"The place that I work at has an underground lair. We call it the Man Cave, that's where we keep all our weapons and stuff"

"Henry, this is a huge secret", I spoke after a few seconds of trying to process everything, "Thank you for trusting me with this, I promise I'll keep my mouth shut"

"Tomorrow I'm gonna bring you to work so that Ray can talk to you", Henry said. He chewed a bubble once again and after it popped, it transformed him to his old self. He wrapped his arms around me as we sat on my bed.

"What does Ray have to do with this?", I asked. "He's Captain Man", Henry replied.

My mouth fell open. "Dang"

"Yep", he nods his head in response.

-------------