Road To Admitting Feelings - H. H.

Y/N's POV

I held Jasper's phone as he records himself doing the five second banana challenge. "Hey guys it's Jasper here in the man cave and I'm about to do the five second banana challenge," he said. He then peeled a banana and starts eating it, Ray and Henry then shot themselves down the tube and approached us.

"Jasper," I called to my friend, "This challenge is impossible."

"And stupid," Charlotte added.

Ray suddenly lazered Jasper's banana. "What did I say about challenges in the man cave?" he asked. "Only you could make them," Jasper frowned but reluctantly walked away. I shoved his phone in his hands before grabbing a banana from the bowl and ate from it.

I noticed Henry winking at something from a distance but waved it off as he approached me. He held my hand and moved the banana to his mouth and ate from it. "Hen!" I whined. He smiled and wrapped an arm around my shoulder and walked me to Charlotte.

"What's new Char? Any bad guys to punch or put to jail?" he asked. "Nope," Charlotte answered after checking the monitor.

"So that could only mean... MOVIE DAAY!!" we all cheered and celebrated that for the first time in a while, we have the day off.

I'm also a sidekick, Henry and I became sidekicks at the same time. He was looking for a job five years ago and dragged me along with him to Junk 'N Stuff. We didn't know what was in store for us the moment we walked inside the elevator and rode a hundred and more floors down to the man cave.

Our little celebration was ruined when Charlotte noticed a box near the elevator. "Hey hey hey hey, guys, what's this?"

"Nah who cares? It probably has work inside," Henry said. "Ignore that thing, Char, come on. Let's pick a movie," I called out to her as Jasper grabbed us bowls of popcorn. "It's from the vice mayor," Charlotte reasoned.

We all groaned. "Like what my sidekicks said, ignore it, Charlotte," Ray said.

"How about I just open it and see what's inside? If it's nothing let's watch a movie," Charlotte suggested and started opening the box.

"Please be popcorn. Please be popcorn. Please be popcorn," Henry began, Ray, Jasper, Schwoz and I followed along as we linked arms and chanted with Henry. Charlotte opened the box and we frowned when it's not popcorn.

"Maybe it's a popcorn machine?" I mumbled. Henry playfully flicked my forehead and I pouted at him, "Ow."

"What is it then?" Jasper asked. "I'll tell you what it is... It's a big steaming pile of work!" Ray exclaimed. Charlotte picked up a tablet that's attached to it and played a video. "He could've just attached a paper note or something," I mumbled.

Henry shushed me as we watched the video. "Captain Man Kid Danger and Danger Girl! I hate to drop a bomb on you like this but the crate you just opened contains a bomb inside," the Vice Mayor nonchalantly said.

We all gasped and moved away from the object.

"Her name's Whistlin' Susie. And she's a World War II atomic weapon," Vice Mayor continued.

We screamed and jumped over the couch in fear. The Vice Mayor then explained that the bomb will be staying with us in the man cave because it'll be "safe".

Schwoz then explained that it might not explode unless something happens to it. "Movie day!!" Ray said.

We cheered and sat around the couch to watch a movie. Henry and I shared a popcorn bowl and occasionally, our hands would touch, trying to reach for a popcorn. We would stare at each other for a few seconds before looking away with red faces.