Chapter 4

Ava

It's been a week since I work at the Baldwin Cooperation. My foot is getting better now and the swollen also already getting better. "How are you feeling today?" Suzy asks.

"It's getting better. Oh yeah, by the way, I want to tell you something since last week but we all busy so I just keep it myself. It is okay If I tell it now?" I am now having lunch with my only friend here. I want to make more friends here but everyone seems super busy and doesn't have any time to talk. 

"Sure, what it is?"

"Well, last week, I slipped and spilled my drink on someone..." I didn't tell Suzy about this thing because I think it is not that important but that incident keep playing in my mind.

"Who?"

"A guy, Well, I never meet him before and it's been a week since I saw him here. I think he didn't work in that company." I said and take a sip of my orange juice.

"What do you mean he didn't work in that company? So far I know, the security in that building is so tight. How come they let someone who not working and without an identification card in?" Suzy asks with a confused look.

"I don't know, maybe a client or anything that has an appointment with Mr. Goldy." 

"How he looks like?" She asks.

"Hm, he wears a suit, tall, good-looking, and looks rich. Oh, and the other one looks like his assistant or something like that." I said.

"Wait, you said you spilled your drink on the day when I went for the meeting, right?" I nod. "And you said he has an assistant that follows him. He's tall, wear a suit- OH MY GOD!" She suddenly screams and the whole restaurant looking at us now.

"It's nothing, sorry everyone. Please continue your meal. I'm sorry about my friend's behavior." I said and everyone continues to mind their own business. "What's wrong? Why you suddenly screaming like that?"

"You know what, the meeting was canceled due to our boss has something else to take care of. I think you bumped with the wrong person, Ava."

"I really don't understand what you're saying right now, Suzy."

"I think you spilled your drink on our boss, Mr. Baldwin." She said and her face looks terrified when she said his name. " You know what it means?" I shake my head. "One more mistake and you will be banned from any company in America. He is powerful and ruthless and super arrogant. If you mess with him, you will regret it." She said. I am having a goosebump when she said that. 

"I think you're wrong. The guy that I bump was nice. Well, I think so because he just asks me who I am and keep quiet after that. His assistant who does the talking and even wipe the stain on his suit for me." I explain.

"That's because you are not allowed to touch him unless you're his family, girlfriend, fiancee, or wi-"

"Okay, okay, I get it but I am okay, right? Don't think about it anymore." I said and continue to eat my food.

 Is he really Mr. Baldwin? The owner of the Baldwin Cooperation?

"Hold up..." Suzy said and take out her phone and search for something in it. "It is this guy that you bump?" She shows me her phone and there's a photo of a guy. I take it and take a look at it.

"Yes..." I am dead! out of many staff inside that building, why I need to spill the drink on him?

"All I can say is, you need to be careful next time."She said and I give her phone back. "I don't want to make you scared or anything but you can't get on Mr. Baldwin's bad side or else, your career, your dream will be gone just like that."

"Okay then," I said.

*****

At home

"I'm home!" I said as soon as I open the door.

"Hi sweety, how's work today?" My mom gives me a hug and asks me.

"It's fine. Nothing much going on in the office. Everyone just doing their work as usual and that's it." I said.

"I see, I am making us dinner. You should freshen up and come downstairs." 

"Alright, mom," I said and walk to my room. I sit on my bed and dial Sasha's number. 

"Hello," She picks up after a few rings.

"Hey, Sasha. I miss you so much. How are you?"

"I am good here, how are you? Everything okay?"

"I think so." 

"Why? Is there anything you want to share with me?" 

"Nah, I will tell you later, I just want to talk to you for a bit because I miss you so much, girl," I said and we talk for like ten minutes before she said she has to take care of something. Our conversation is only for a short time. I understand she's busy taking care of her grandparents and more. I hope I can meet her sooner because I miss my best friend so much.

____________________________________________________________________________________

don't forget to

vote

share

comment

*****

Hyemmong