chapter 7

Ava

Right now, I'm in the restaurant that Mr. Goldy told me and I am waiting for the client to meet. "Ms. Blair?" I look up and see a middle-aged man.

"Yes, I am, please have a sit," I said and he gives me a smile. "So, shall we start our meeting?" I ask and he gives me a nod. The meeting went well and I think I did okay for it. After one hour, the meeting is finally finished. I give him a handshake.

"You know, if you want me to be more interested in this company, I think you can do me a small favor," He said and I look at him confused.

"What kind of favor?"

"Why don't you accompany me in bed?" He said and I can't believe what he just said. He asking me to sleep with just to make him have interest in this company. He is old enough for me to call as my dad but his attitude is dirty. "What you say, Ms. Blair?"

"Excuse me, Sir. I think that it is not appropriate for me to do that and I think you should find someone else to give you that kind of company. I am not interested." I said not to sound so rude towards him.

"Come on, it's only for one night, I will make sure you will not regret it," He said and try to hold my hand. I stand up and slap him on his face. Right now, I don't care if he is an important client or not. If he thought that I will let go of my pride just to let him agree to this deal, he's wrong. I am not that kind of woman. "How dare you!" He said and he raises his hand up to slap me back and I already close my eyes tightly to feel the sting on my cheeks but it's not coming. I open my eyes and see Mr. Baldwin is holding his hand and I can see his eyes are holding a wave of anger. "M-Mr. Baldwin," He said and he looks scared when he realized who it is. Mr. Baldwin let of his hand and give him sign to go away. He quickly takes his belongings and practically runs from us.

"What are you doing here?" The first thing I ask after the client is gone.

"I am here for a meeting but it's already settled and I guess you too?" He asks.

"Yes,"

"Come on," He said and walk leaving me confused. Then I take my bags and a few files to follow him. I don't know where is he going but here I am, following him like a lost puppy. "Can I ask you one thing?" He stops at the car and I think that is his car.

"What it is?"

"What happened back there?" I know he's going to ask but if I tell him, he will make him lose his work and I think that man already has a wife and children. If he's losing his job, that's not good but his attitude was not acceptable.

"Um, I was being rude to him and he loses control and wanted to slap me." I think my reason is not making any sense at all. "It's nothing, and thank you for saving me again," I said.

"Do you want me to send you home?"

"I bring my car today," I say and then he gets into his car without saying goodbye or anything. This guy is kinda nice but he can be rude to sometimes.

*******************

Edward

Ava Blair.

I don't know why I keep appearing whenever she is in some sort of difficulty. I can say that she is a beautiful woman. She is different from the woman that I known. She didn't try to seduce me or anything when she knows who I am. She just being herself and I think I like that.

Like? Oh no. I don't think I said that.

I didn't know why since our second encounter, I can't take help but keep thinking about her. She is playing in my head and her sweet smile makes me feel addicted to it. I am now on my way to go back to the company. I don't think I want to go home while Ava Blair is playing inside my mind like this. I need to do some work to be able to forget about her.

Just when I get out of the car, I saw a woman standing at the entrance. I just ignore her and walk inside but then, she follows me. "Who are you?" I ask in annoyance.

"Don't tell me that you didn't remember me, we met at the club just two days ago," She said and I really don't have any idea who is she. "It's fine, I know you have lots of things to think and I don't want to stress you out about this."

"Leave," All I said and walk away from her to let my bodyguards handle her. Woman always come to me like a magnet because of my money. I have never been with the same woman more than twice. My last relationship not even lasts for a week. I just get bored so easily and no woman that suits my taste. I know I am almost 30 but as long as I have my company and the wealth, I think I can live like this until I found my dream woman.

I only need a simple woman and an independent woman who can do anything on her own. Not like super clingy and always want attention. That is quite annoying.

_______________________________________________________________________________

How about this chapter?

I hope you guys like it

don't forget to vote and leave a comment. Thanks!