Chapter 21

Ava

One week later

It's been one week since that stupid incident. I try to meet Edward at the office but he didn't want to see me at all. I called and texted him but he ended up block my number. He really hates me now. I only have one more month to work here and I know he won't Mr. Goldy to make me as a permanent employee. Suzy never knows about all this and I didn't even tell her even thought this breakup. I think no one will know since I and him are no longer a couple. I called Sasha to tell her about this and she is so pissed at Mattew who decided to kissed me like that. I never thought he would be like this. He is a nice guy and never did anything like that without my permission. He is a nice guy but I guess people will do anything for money.

I get up to go to the washroom and when I'm done with my business, I walk to the sink to wash my hand. Then, there are two women who is talking about something. I look at them and me being a busybody, I try to ask them what is going on. "You didn't know?" One of the girls asks me back. I shake my head no, "Mr. Baldwin turns into a monster right now," She said and my eyes wide.

"What happened?"

"I don't know but my friend said that he is mad right now," She said. I excuse myself and suddenly I feel worried about what is happening there.

"Hey, Suzy, do you know Mr. Baldwin?" I ask. She turns her head to me.

"Where did you heard it?"

"You knew?"

"Of course, I went to Mr. Goldy's office earlier and he told me about it, I think Mr. Baldwin is going to kill someone today, Mr. Goldy said he never been this mad before," She said. "I am scared about that guy, just so you know, Mr. Baldwin has that temper that no one can stop him not even his dad. No one can stop him when he is mad," She explains and she even mentions a guy.

"You mean, one of his employees make a huge mistake?"

"I don't think he's working here because the security is the one who brought him to see Mr. Baldwin, I think a robber or something, okay, that's enough gossip for today, Let's get back to work," I don't feel like I can do my work in peace if my mind keeps thinking about what is happening up there. I want to see it myself. I get up from my chair and walk to the lift to go there and see what is going on. I can't let my mind thinking about it. After I arrive at the 40th floor, I see there's a broken vase and I give a look to the receptionist who is looking scared. "You shouldn't be here right now and I think everyone already gets warned for not coming to this floor at the moment," She said and I don't care, I need to see Edward. I walk away from her and see there's another broken glass on the floor. Then, when I look up, I see Edward is breathless and his hair is messy right now. He looks so scary at the moment. I turn my look to see the guy and my eyes went wide when I see someone that I know, It's Matthew!

He looks so weak and his nose is bleeding even his forehead is bleeding too. Edward must beat him up so hard. I look around to see everyone is just looking but doing nothing to try to stop him. At least do something! I also feel a bit scared right now, to be honest. Then, Edward reaches for a small plant and before he hit Matthew with it, I found myself stopping him.

"Stop!" I shouted and he turns his gaze to me. "P-PLEASE STOP!" I said but I didn't have the urge to walk close to him. I close my eyes and then I found myself crying. Even though Mattew did something wrong, he didn't deserve to be beaten up like this. He looks so weak and if he got one more punch from Edward, he will be unconscious. I look down at my feet because I am scared that Edward might get angry at me too. I think I should hear what Suzy said for not coming up here because no one can stop Edward if he's mad.

Then, a hand grabs my wrist and when I look up it's Edward who is standing in front of me and then he pulls me to his office room leaving Matthew on the floor and ignores the eyes that been looking at him.

After the door closed, he then pulls me for a hug. I was so confused at this time.

"I'm sorry,"

________________________________________________________________________________

Give it a vote and leave a comment too. Thanks!