Chapter 15

Ava

"I didn't flirt with him, I accidentally spilled my drink on him, that's it," I said, "Are you jealous?"

"Yes, I am," He replies and I look at him.

"I'm sorry okay but this is all a misunderstanding, I only like you and won't like anyone else, don't worry," I said to calm him down and I guess I am a success. He let out a sigh and then pull me for a hug. "Are you still mad?"

"No, I can't be mad at you for too long. I am sorry for kissing you like that," He said. I never thought the arrogant and grumpy CEO of Baldwin Inc. will be this pamper. At least I know that he has a strong feeling for me by getting jealous of that incident. "Wants to have dinner together?" He asks.

"What about my car? I can't leave it here, I need it to come to work tomorrow," I said.

"I will let my driver send your car home, but now, let's go have dinner," He said and entwine our hand but then I just realize that we're in the office and if we walk out from that door with our hands like this, everyone will know and I don't want that yet. It's not the right time for everyone to know our relationship. I let go of my hand and he frowns.

"You can hold my hand while you were driving but now, I will get out first and wait for you," I said and wink at him. When I walk out of his room, I feel lots of glares from the woman here. Well, he's mine now women! I give them all a smile but of course, they didn't smile back.

Right now, we're in some expensive restaurant and I feel insecure just by looking at the price. I don't even know what to order because this is so expensive and I can't choose what to eat. I look at Edward and luckily he gets my signs and helps to order for me. The waiter then walks away. "Thank you," I said to him.

"It's nothing," After a few minutes, our food has arrived and it looks so delicious. I start to dig in and let out a moan because this is really tasty. I look at Edward who is looking at me now and I wonder why, so, I raise my eyebrows at him. "I don't think you should let out that sound here," He said and my cheeks heating up when I realize what I just did. I look down at my food and eating silently and then I heard him laughing slowly at me.

A few days later

"So, how is Edward?" My dad asks when we're having breakfast now.

"He's fine, why?"

"Are you happy with him?" I look at him weirdly. "I mean you know, I don't want him to be sad because of him, if he makes you sad, tell me and I will beat him up for you," He said.

"Dad, in a relationship, it is normal if we have an argument and all that, I don't think that's really necessary," I reply.

"Oh my, my daughter is talking like a mature woman now," He said dramatically. I don't know what's up with my family keep being so dramatic thee days. Maybe they keep watching Korean Drama and this is the effect of it. I excuse myself and off to work.

*****************************

Edward

"Hey big brother," The moment when I open my door, I see Serena standing in front of me.

"What are you doing here this early?" I ask. "I'm going to work now,"

"I need to take to you about something," I furrowed my eyebrows at her, "It's important," She said and her face looks serious, so I let her in.

"This is better be important," I sit across her and look at her,

"I think you should tell Ava about Piper," Piper? Why out of a sudden she mention about her? "She calls me last night and told me to pick her up at the airport, you know what that's mean,"

"She has nothing to do with me again and I think you know that. So, why should I tell Ava about her? She's my past," I said.

"Oh, you know how is she like, she can't move on from you and now, she's back in New York and I think she plans something to get you back. You and Ava didn't even tell anyone about your status. Piper might think you're still available and she will want you back, Edward, Ava is a nice girl and I don't want her to be hurt because of this," She said and standing up from her seat.

"Where are you going?"

"Airport, she will land her in a few minutes, I'll see you later, Edward," With that, she left the house.

Piper is my ex-girlfriend back in college and I don't think that's all matter to her when I'm the one who leaves her. I used to love her with all my heart but she betrayed it and cheating on me. She said that she was drunk and not in a right state but I don't believe her. She the cause of me being a player but now, Ava is the one who claims my heart. I will never get back with Piper even though she begging me too.

She's my past and Ava is my present and future.

____________________________________________________________________________

Give it a vote and leave a comment too. Thanks!