Chapter 6

Ava

Mr. Baldwin is looking at him and then his hand which is holding my wrist too. "You better let her go, now!" He said and I was so shocked when he raises his voice to him. He flinches and then let off of my wrist. I take a look at my wrist and it is red and I am sure it will lead to a bruise the next morning. The receptionist gives me a look then runs away from where am I standing right now. I let out a small breathe and winch in pain. My wrist is hurting so bad right now.

"Thank you, Mr. Baldwin," I said and give him a small smile. "I don't know if you're not here, I think he will do something bad to me. I thought he is nice but looks like he is a total psycho," I said.

"Do you know him?"

"He is the receptionist at your company and we met earlier when I went there to take the file," I answer and he nods his head. "Again, thank you for saving me from him," I tell him that I will get going now but then, I slipped and then, a hand wrap around my waist preventing me from falling on the ground. I am surprised at this condition then, when I realize that Mr. Baldwin is the one who is holding me like this, I quickly find my balance again and clear my throat. "I-I'm sorry," I said and I don't even know why I am apologizing instead of thanking him.

"You better learn how to walk properly and not to slip again," He said and I nod my head. "Let's go, let me send you home. It's getting late now," He said and before I could say no, he already walks towards his car. I slowly make my way to his car and at first, I hesitate to go inside because I am scared of him.

After gathering all my courage, here I am, in his car and this silence is killing me. I told him my address and he drives there. "I usually drive my car but today, I just feel like lazy to drive. So, I decided to walk since my house is not that far," I break the silence.

"Okay," That's all he replies and I feel regret for telling him that. Like, why would I tell him that? He won't even care if I want to drive or not. "Next time, just go and call a cab if you lazy to drive. It's not safe out here, especially at night," He said after a few minutes of silence.

"I will," Then, we finally arrived at my house. I feel so happy that I can get out of this car. "Thank you for sending me home, I'll see you around," I said and he gives me a nod before I open the door to get out of his car. I can't believe that I am talking to the owner of Balwin's. If I tell Sasha, of course, she will sequel in excitement. I look at the car as he drives away.

The next morning

"Good morning, everyone," I said as I need the dining room. I kiss my mom and dad's cheeks before take a seat to have breakfast. "Wow, pancakes!" I said in a happy tone. I don't know why I am excited to go to work today. I think it is because I want to meet Mr. Baldwin?

Ava! what were you thinking? Why would you want to meet him? Stop!

I shake my head from my thoughts and my family is looking at me like I am insane. "Anything wrong?" My mom asks.

"Nope, just this pancake is so delicious," I said taking a bite of the pancake. After breakfast, I drive to the company. The moment I walk inside this building, I saw him sitting at the receptionist table. He gives me a smirk and then I walk quickly to the lift. I press the button and look at him. He is super creepy and I can't believe people like him exists. He then walks to the exit with a box in his hand.

Box? Is he not going to work here again? Thank god!

Then I remember that I told Mr. Baldwin that he is the receptionist in this company. My eyes went wide and let out a gasp. So he got fired? I mean, wow.

I walk in the lift and press the 28th floor. I get to my table and Suzy smiles at me. "Hey, good morning to you," She greets me.

"Good morning to you too," I said and start to do my work.

It's now, almost 4 pm and my mind is super exhausted. I thought being an intern is not this tiring but I was wrong. This is tiring. I feel like I am working as a permanent staff here. I even have to deal with a few clients and attend the meeting too. I glance up at Suzy and look like she is so focused on doing her work. I get up from my seat and walk to the washroom. After that, I walk to the pantry to make tea for me.

I walk slowly not slip or anything again. I finally safely arrive at my table and the moment I want to put my tea, I heard Mr. Goldy called me and me, being me, I accidentally pour the tea to his face. "Oh my god!" I can't believe what just happen. I don't know why I keep spilling the drink on someone. I take tissues and give it to him. "I am so sorry, Mr. Goldy, I didn't mean that and I am truly sorry for that," I said.

"Ms. Blair, my office now," He said and I follow him. I can feel that everyone is staring at me. I am so embarrassed right now.

Ava Blair, why you keep getting yourself in trouble?

"Mr. Goldy, I did-"

"You should know that tea is for you to drink not pour on someone's face," He said calm.

"I know but you suddenly appear behind me and scared me," I said.

"So, it is my fault?"

"No! It's not, I just- I am sorry, sir." I said to him and he hums in response.

I thought today will be such an exciting day, but it turns out to be my unlucky day. Let's pray for me.

"Ms. Blair, I want you to attend a meeting with our client and since you already know what to do, I'm hoping the best from you," He said and I nod my head. "It's at 5 pm at Laguna Restaurant."

"Alright sir, I will do my best, I will get going now and please forgive me,"

"Just next time, be careful," I nod at him and left the room.

________________________________________________________________________________

Give it a vote and leave a comment. Thanks!