Chapter 8

Ava

Its been one month since I started my internship and everything is going up and down like a roller coaster. So many things happen in just one month and I think I have to bear with it for another two months. I love working here but the thing is, the clients are just too pervert and I don't know why. "I can't believe it's been one month, do you already apply for a job somewhere?" Suzy asks me.

"I did and I even apply in this company. I don't know if they want to make me as their permanent staff or not. I hope they will because I am already comfortable working here," I said to her.

"Don't worry, if you keep your performance. they will pick you. Trust me," She said and give me a smile. I continue my work as usual and looks like the day went fast today. I look at the time and it's already 5 pm. Which means, it's time to go home. I bid goodbye to Suzy who still busy doing her work. I guess she going to work overtime today. I take my handbag and left the office.

Since it's still early, I think, I'm going to stop at the mall to buy some new clothes. It's been a while since I bought a new one. I drive there and I park my car on the empty spot. The moment when I'm about to get out of the car, I saw a not-so-old woman who is struggling with her things. She seems to be in a hard time. I get out from my car and decided to help her. "Excuse me, can I help you? I saw you having a hard time to hold everything in your arms." I said and look at her face. She is gorgeous and I can say she is rich just by looking at her appearance.

"Oh, thank you so much. You such a sweetheart," She said and I take a few bags from her. I walk with her to her car and yes she is rich. I help her to put the bags in the back seat. "Thank you so much for helping me. I should not be shopping too much," She said.

"That's fine, I am glad I can help, I will get going now," I said and walk away but then she stops me. I turn around to face her. "Yes?"

"Are you busy right now?"

"Um, not really. Why?" I ask her.

"Do you want to have a dinner at my house? That's the way I can thank you for your help," She said.

"I-"

"Please?" I can't resist her because she looks so determined to offer me to have dinner at her house. I nod my head and her sequel in excitement.

"I will go there in my car if you didn't mind,"

"Sure, I will lead you, let's go?" She said and I walk to my car. I supposed to buy a new clothes today but I guess maybe another time. I started to drive and follow her car. She leads me to a huge mansion that I only have seen from afar. The gates open and she drive-in and I follow her. The mansion is so pretty and I can't stop from looking at it. I park my car and get out from it. "Come on," She said smiling.

"What about your things?" I ask.

"Don't worry about it, my maids will come and carry it," Of course she has maids. The moment she opens the door, my mouth went wide. How come this is so pretty? The interior design is just perfect. Shoutout to whoever design this mansion.

"Your house is so beautiful," I said looking around.

"Thank you, let's go. You can wait in the living room while I prepare the dinner," She said and asks me to sit. "Oh, and you can call me Brenda. What's your name, my dear?"

"I'm Ava. Ava Blair and let me help, I don't feel nice if I just sitting while you're doing it alone,"

"I have maids who can help me, you just stay here and make yourself comfortable. I will be right back," She said and leave me alone in this big living room. I take a seat and look around. This is huge. I wonder how many rooms are here and how many people live in this big house.

"I'm home!" I startle a bit when I heard someone's voice. I turn my head and see a woman walking towards me. I stand up awkwardly and smile at her. Then Brenda comes from the kitchen and hugs her. I think this is her daughter because they look quite alike.

"This is Ava, she helps me to carry my shopping bags earlier. So, I invited her for dinner," Brenda explains. "Ava, this is my daughter, Serena." I handshake with her. "I'm going to continue to cook, you guys can have a chat first," She said and walk back to the kitchen.

"Thank you for helping my mom, she just loves shopping and didn't even realize that she bought too much."

"That's fine. So, are you the only child?" I ask out of curiosity.

"No, I am the youngest and I have two older brothers but my oldest brother didn't live here. He wants to be independent and live on his own. So it just me and my second brother but since my mom is cooking, it looks like my oldest brother is coming by today," I suddenly feel nervous when she mentions that she has two older brothers.

"Oh, okay," That's all I said.

"Don't be nervous, they're fine but my oldest is quite grumpy but he is nice. I'm sure you will be fine," I give him a smile. Then, I heard two men talking. I think that's her brothers. I don't know why is this so scary. "Hey, dad, this is Ava." She introduces me to his dad and her second brother. I can say her brother is good looking but they somehow look quite familiar with someone.

Just when we all sitting and having a conversation, I saw someone that I know.

Don't tell me he is the oldest brother!

_______________________________________________________________________________

How's this chapter?

Give it vote and leave a comment. Thanks!