Chapter 20

Ava

"Ava Blair!" I heard Edward's voice and then Matthew finally let go of me and we both look at Edward who is looking so angry right now. I let go of my hand from Matthew's grip and I can feel tears coming out from my eyes. I walk towards Edward and look at him. He is looking at Matthew and I think he is ready to kill him any minutes now. "What the hell was that?" He asks slowly but in a dangerous tone. I turn around to see Matthew already walk away as nothing happens.

"That's all not like what it looks like," I said but he already takes a step backward. "Edward, I can explain all this, he is my friend back in college and him-"

"I think what I see is enough to understand what is going on," He said. "I thought you were different from any other women but I guess my assumption is wrong about you, you are with me just money," He said and that's hit me right in my heart.

"No, Edward you have to listen to me first before you make your own assumption!" I said and let out my frustration.

"Look, there's nothing you can explain anymore, you both clearly kissing each other and I think my eyes are still okay,"

"Edward," I said trying to reach his hand but take move it is away from me.

"You should never appear in my life, I am regret for not getting you more before asking you to be my girlfriend, I think this is it," He said and walk away leaving me alone there crying my heart out. I can't believe this is happening. The thing that I really scared of. I look at his car as he drives away faster. He really leaves me here and he hates me now without even trying to know the truth. I wipe my tears and walk to my car weakly. Then, my eyes see something that I never expected to see.

It's Matthew and Piper.

They are talking and Piper hands him an envelope and he walks away. I should know this is all her evil plan. She really wants to make me and Edward break up so she can get him back and now, I think she won. I don't know how she manage to know Matthew and how she knows that Matthew used to like me. I don't know what I should feel right now. My heart is empty and my mind cannot think of anything.

********************************

Edward

I feel betrayed by the woman that I thought is different from other women I've ever known but I was wrong and she is just the same. She makes me fall for her and then cheats on me. The way she acts in front of me makes me blind to her true color. She is the same and only been with me for money.

I can't believe this!

I am so mad right now. I drive to my company to make myself busy with all of the works. So that I can forget about what happened earlier. I need to forget about her and everything we've been doing together.

In the middle of doing my work, I heard the door knocking and open to show, Piper. This woman can't stop appearing in front of my face. Seeing her face makes me madder than I've ever been. "Leave!" I shout at her but her being stubborn and decided to stay.

"Edward, my babe, are you okay?" She asks and acts as she cares about what I'm feeling right now. She never cares about me and only cares about my status and money, of course.

"You better leave and if you think you can make me feel calm, you're wrong, you make my mood even worse than I've ever been," I said.

"Look, you can share with me anything, I am here with you and always be here, where are you lovely girlfriend when you're in this condition? She 's not even here," She said. I take my phone and call security. I don't know how she manages to get in here. After a few minutes, the security comes and she looks at me with wide eyes, "Hold on, you're not going to kick me out from here aren't you?!" She said.

"Sadly, yes, take her and never let her in ever again," I said and the security drags her out from my office. I then decided to call my personal investigator to know who is the guy that Ava's kissed earlier. I need to know everything about him and see if Ava is really innocent.

"Sir,"

"I want you to investigate someone for me,"

________________________________________________________________________________

Give it a vote and leave a comment too. Thanks!