Chapter 5

Ava

"Ms. Blair, I need you in my office," Mr. Goldy said through the telecom. I quickly take my notebook in case I need to write anything. I walk to his office and knock a few times and then I heard 'come in'. I open the door and see him sitting at his desk doing his work. I walk towards the desk and stand in front of him.

"You called me sir?" I said and he looks up from his laptop.

"Yes, I need you to take a file from the receptionist in the lobby. I want you to bring it here and then, I will tell you what will you do with it," He said and I nod my head then makes my way to the lift.

After I reached the lobby, I walk to the receptionist and I thought the receptionist is a woman but turns out it a man. I thought last week I saw a woman sitting here, maybe she got fired or something. "Hi, I'm Ava Blair and Mr. Goldy wants me to pick the file," I said and he gives me a smile and I smile back not to look arrogant or something.

"Here you go," He said and I don't know why this guy over here is still looking at me with his smile. I think that it is unusual for people to smile like this to you unless they try to get your attention. I take it from him and walk away quickly because I still can feel he is watching me walking. That so uncomfortable for me. How come they can hire a creepy man like that. I walk to the lift then, I bump into someone.

"I am sorry," I said, and then I heard someone clear his throat. I look who it is and oh no, that is the same guy I bump and spilled my coffee on his suit. "Oh god," I mumbled slowly and thinking what will happen to me. I put my head down and try to walk away but I can't.

"You again," He said. I look up to see his face and see his assistant's face who is keeping an emotionless face.

"I am sorry, sir, I just-"

"This is the second time you bump into me and luckily this time you didn't bring your coffee," He said and I don't know how to react. I just keep my head down and feel so scared right now. How come you keep bumping into him, Ava. I don't think this time he will let me go just like the first time and even his assistant won't help me this time.

What should I do?

"How long have you been an intern here?" He asks me.

"Um, almost two weeks, sir. Look, sir, I promise that I won't bump into you like this again and next time, I will keep my head up." I said hoping he will let me go up and send this file to Mr. Goldy who is waiting in his office now.

"Last time, you slipped and this time, I don't think you slipped too because it looks like you running from someone," He said and I think I should just tell him or maybe not. You won't see that receptionist every day like this. I think I'm okay.

"Mr. Goldy is waiting for me to bring this file to him and I don't want to keep him waiting. That's why I'm in a hurry," I said and looks like he seems to believe what I said. He gestures me to go and I quickly press the button and wait for the lift.

*****

"He let you go? Just like that?" Suzy asks and she seems surprised too. I am having dinner with her and I told her about the incident that happened today.

"I told him that Mr. Goldy was waiting for me and then he let me go, well I think Mr. Goldy's name safe me," I chuckle but she seems serious and looks like she is thinking about something. "What are you thinking?" I ask.

"The last time someone bumped into him like that, he automatically fired them but you, you bumped into him twice but he didn't do anything with you, isn't it weird?"

"I think it's because I'm only an intern, that's why," I said. Suzy still thinking about it and she thought it is weird. I think he is just giving me a chance because I'm not a permanent employee in his company. I will leave in 2 months and a half. "By the way, how old is he? He looks kinda young to be a CEO," I ask out of curiosity.

"He is 28 years old and he builds his own company when he only 23 years old." Wow, he must be so smart that he can start his own company at such a young age. We finish our food and then pay the bills. "Thank you for treating me tonight, I will buy you a meal too next time," Suzy said after we both are out of the restaurant.

"No problem, Okay, I will see you tomorrow then, bye," I said and hug for the last time before going on our separate ways. I didn't bring my car today because I want to take my time to get home. The chilly surrounding makes me feel calm and I love this. The night time is my favorite. I am lucky that my house only a few minute's walk from the restaurant. I walk while humming a random song in my mind. Then, I feel someone is following me. I turn around to see who it is but just to see people walking. Maybe it's just my feelings. I continue to walk and It's only a few more minutes to arrive at my house. Then, I feel like someone is following me, and this time, no one is behind me. My heart is beating fast right now and I already walking super fast but with this heel, I can't walk as fast as I want.

I walk without looking who is behind me and then, I can hear the footsteps walk towards me from behind. I am too scared to look behind and decided to walk much faster. "Hey," Someone stops in front of me. I look at his face and see that the receptionist which I don't even know what is his name. I let out a relief breathe. I thought someone is going to rob me or something. "Where are you going?" He asks.

"home," I said and his smile is looking creepy. "Um, I think I will get going now," I step aside and walk past him but then, he grabs my hand.

"Can't you accompany me tonight? I think we will have a really good time together," He said and holding my hand a bit tight. I try to take my hand back but the grips are getting tighter. I think it will be left the bruise if he didn't let go now. "Let's go, let's go and have fun with me," He said dragging me.

"Hey! let me go! Where are you taking me? I want to go home," I said but he didn't even care about my scream or anything. Why there are no people here when I need help? I look around to see no people here. "Please let me go, you freak!" I said.

Then, he finally stops but his grip is still tight. I look in front of him and it is someone looking quite familiar. I look at the face closely and my eyes went wide when I see my boss.

Mr. Baldwin!

________________________________________________________________________________

give a vote and leave a comment. Thanks!