Chapter 18

Ava

I am still sad about the thing that I saw a few days ago and I don't know how to react to it. I mean, am I supposed to be mad at him for a few days or just let it go?

He did explain to me who is Piper and it turned out that she is his ex. That means he still at least has a bit of feeling towards her and I know she still likes him because the way that she tries to seduce him the other day makes me see it. I supposed not to be like a kid who always got jealous over anything and I know Edward will never lie to me. I know he is not that kind of guy who likes to lie to someone. Even though we only know each other for about a month and a half, but I think I already know how is he. The way that he looks at me with his eyes asking for forgiveness makes me realize that he is sincere about it.

Brenda called me last night to come to her house because she misses me and I told her that I will go after work. So, here I am, driving to her house. Edward is still in a meeting so I decided not to tell him that I'm going to his parent's house yet. Maybe Serena or his dad or Brenda will tell him anyway. The guards already know me, so they just open the gate to let me in. I give them a smile and drive-in. I park my car and walk to the front door. After pressing the bell, the door opens but it's not Brenda but it just a maid. "Ms. Blair, come on in, Ma'am is in the living room," She said and I thank her before making my way to the living room.

"My beautiful future daughter-in-law," Brenda said as soon as she sees me. "Come and sit next to me," She pats the empty spot next to her and I'm gladly going there and sit next to her. I look at who is she talking with and I see her, It's Piper! She gives me a disgusted look and rolls her eyes to me. I can't believe that she is here too. I don't know that she is close with Edwards's family too. I thought since Edward didn't like her, his family will be the same but I guess I am wrong. She is here talking and laughing with Brenda and Serena like it's nothing. "Ava, this is Piper, Edward's friend," Brenda said and I look at her who is not looking at me at all. I think she hates me but I don't care about it. I don't her either.

"I can't believe Edward finally got himself a girlfriend, I thought he will wait for me," She said.

"You know how he is, once he said no, it means no, besides, Ava is so gorgeous isn't she?" Brenda said and I just stay quiet don't know what to say. Piper is the definition of true beauty. Even though she is wearing full-face makeup, I can say that even if she didn't wear any of the makeup, she is still beautiful and her long legs. I feel insecure looking at her. They keep talking like I don't even exist here. I feel regret of coming here if I know she is going to be here. Serena and Brenda seem to love her more and I know I shouldn't feel like this because no matter what, she knows them first before me. I take a sip of the tea and just listen to their conversation without trying to fit in.

"I think I have to get ready now, my friend, and I want to hit the club tonight," Serena said and walk upstairs to her room I guess. Then, Brenda stands up to go somewhere but I stop her to ask where is she going.

"I'm going to the bathroom for a while, you guys can continue to talk, I will come back in a few," She said and left me with Piper here, in the living room.

"So, you're Edward's girlfriend?" She asks even though she already knows it. I nod my head. "How long have you both been together?"

"About a month and a half," I said and she let out a chuckle.

"Only a month but act like you already part of this family," She said.

"Pardon?"

"Look, you didn't deserve to be here, I mean, look at you, you have no taste in fashion and don't even try to look beautiful, I don't know how Edward can like someone like you, I think he didn't have any much choice," This woman is actually insulting me just like it is nothing at all. She looks at me from head to toe and her face shows it all that she is judging me in her mind.

"I think, what's important is the feelings towards each other and the look is just a bonus, I don't think that would be a big matter to him,"

"Ava, you see, everyone in this house still welcome me here even though I'm no longer with Edward and Brenda really loves me, I think you should keep that in mind. In just any minutes, she can kick you out from this house and make you and Edward break up," What the hell is she talking about right now?

"And I don't think that's going to happen, I don't really get it what's the point of you acting like this, can't you just accept the fact that Edward is my boyfriend now?" I ask pissed.

"Never, he is mine and always be mine, no matter what,"

_______________________________________________________________________________

Give it a vote and leave a comment too. Thanks!