Chapter 12

Ava

"I'm going to my friend's house today, so I probably will stay there until dinner," I said to my parents and they nod their head.

"Is it a girl's house or a guy's house?" My mom asks while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Mom, stop it, I know what you're thinking," I said to her.

"It's not wrong you know if you're going to a guy's house. I mean you're-"

"Okay, I get it and I think I should go and get ready now, my friend will come and fetch me later," I said and go to my room to avoid my mom and even my dad. They keep talking about the same thing over and over again. I open my dresser and pick a green sundress and wear it. I love this dress because it's not too sexy and just comfortable to wear. I put my hair into a high bun and apply some lip balm and mascara. I think that's enough. I then match it with my white sandal. I take my bag and put everything that I might need it.

I look at the time and he will be here any minutes now. Oh, by the way, I actually got his number yesterday which is crazy. I am so happy that he actually gives me his number even though I know I can get his number at the business card but still. I think I'm going to keep this feelings for him. It's not like he knows that I like him or anything. So, let's keep this feeling until I can't keep it anymore. I want to know how long these feelings will last. I walk downstairs to wait for him then I heard his voice in the living room. I walk there and see Edward sitting and talking to my parents like it's nothing. I mean, look at him, talking and even laughing with them. He looks so handsome when he laughs like that, he is wearing a white shirt and blue jeans. It's just a simple outfit but he still manages to look hot.

"Honey, took you long enough to come down, Edward been waiting for you," My mom said and he turns his face towards me.

"Well, I'm ready now, let's go," I said grabbing his arm. My mom and dad is looking at me and smiling cheekily. I know what they're thinking.

"Have fun with your date," My mom said and I froze. She didn't just say that in front of Edward. I look at her and give her a warning look but she didn't even care about it.

"We will," I then turn my gaze to Edward who is smirking at me. I just bid goodbye to my parents and grab his arm out of the house.

"Are you crazy? we're going to your parent's house not going on a date," I said and he let out a chuckle. "It's not funny, you don't know my parents, they always want me to have a boyfriend," I said and get into the passenger side.

"I think you should," He said and I ignore him then he drives to his parent's house. After a few minutes, we arrived and I get out feeling a bit mad at him about earlier. I walk to the front door and press the bell. He then comes to stand beside me and then wraps his arm around my waist. "I think you need to get used to it," He winks at me and I let him be. It feels nice, to be honest. The way he holds me makes me feel safe and secure. I like it. The door opens and Brenda looks so happy when she sees me.

"Oh my god, I am so happy that you're here," I hug her, and then she takes me from Edward. "Edward called me yesterday and said that you're coming today and I am so happy. I thought you won't come here again," She said. Edward comes and sits next to me. "She won't go anywhere, Edward. Let her spend time with me today, you should go and see your dad in his study," She said and I give him a look saying 'you should go too'. He nods and walks away. "So, did you and Edward are a thing now?" I look at her weirdly.

"What? No, we're not. We just a friend, I guess," I reply.

"He never brings any woman to this house, you are the first woman he brought and I think he sees you differently than another woman,"

"That's because I'm the one who told him to come with me, I feel a bit awkward to come alone," I said.

"That's new too, he is hard to agree for something like this," I don't know what to reply and give her a smile, "He is a good son, you won't regret it, and I think, you both will make a good couple,"

"I'm sorry but I don't think that's going to happen, Besides, I am only his employees, that's it," I said. Even though I want to but I know it's impossible to happen.

"It's not even a problem," I heard he said and his mom already smiling widely. What is going on here? I am confused. "So what if you are my employee? As long as you're being honest and loyal to me, right mom?" He takes a seat next to me.

"I think-"

"You didn't like it?" He said and I look at Brenda to make him go away but she just gives me a smile. Then she excuses herself to bring me some cookies and drinks. I know she does that just to leave me alone with Edward here. "So, what are you saying?" I turn my body to actually face him.

"Edward this is not a joke and if I'm in a relationship, I will be so serious about it. I am not a kind who wants a short terms relationship, I want it to be the last longer," I said and look at him seriously.

"I am serious too now,"

________________________________________________________________________________

Give it a vote and leave a comment too. Thanks!