Chapter 14

Ava

I am currently doing my work and then Suzy comes to me. "This is my first time, looking Mr. Baldwin actually smiling. Even though it's not at me, but he is actually smiling to his clients which is new," She said and practically shaking me.

"Okay, chill, he just smiles. Not like he is laughing or anything," I said to her.

"For the three years that I've been working here, I never see him smile except for his interviews with the media, that's it. He always grumpy when he's in the company. Looking always serious and scary," I let out a chuckle and look at her. The way she describes Edward is just too funny with her expression and all. "Okay, fine, just continue your work, he will come and see Mr. Goldy later and if he sees us talking like this, I might get fired and you too," She said and go to her desk to do her work. I shake my head at her behavior and continue what I've done earlier.

After a few minutes, I feel thirsty. So, I walk to the pantry to make myself a drink. Then, the moment when I want to turn, I bump into someone and of course, my drink is spilled all over him. What is wrong with me? Why am I always bumping into people?

"Oh no, I am sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine, I am fine," I look up and see his face. I don't know why this feels like some sort of Deja Vu to me. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am okay but your shirt," I point at the stain.

"It's fine, I have spare in my car just in case something like this happened," He said, "By the way, I am Sam, you?"

"I'm Ava," I said and shake hands with her. "Here tissues for you," I hand him tissues to make it less soak. "I am so sorry, I keep bumping into people like this," I said.

"It's okay," He said give me a warm smile. Then, I heard someone clear his throat. I look at the door and see Edward standing near the door and his eyes fill with anger? Ooh no, he is mad now.

"I DON'T PAY YOU TO BE FLIRTING LIKE THIS!" He shouts and I don't know what to do now. "YOUR FIRED!" He pointed to Sam and my eyes went wide about what I just witness right now. I can't believe this. He just fired one of his employees just because of this matter.

"You can't do this," I said to Edward hoping he will take back what he said just now. "It's not his fault, I spilled my drink on him and I try to help him wipe it, that's it," I explain but he just walks away leaving me with Sam in the pantry. Why he's acting like this? Why he so mad? Isn't Suzy said that he is smiling earlier? That is means he is in a good mood but why he's acting like that now. I am scared to see this side of him. "I am sorry that you lose your work, I will coax Mr. Baldwin to take back what he said,"

"No, it's fine. He never takes back what he said and if fired someone, no one can stop him. I will get going now, thank you and bye, Ava," Sam said and walk away. I wash the mug and suddenly I don't feel like I want to drink anymore. I walk back to my place and do my work.

"What happened? I heard Mr. Baldwin shouted and fired someone," Suzy asks in a hushed tone.

"He thought me and this guy is flirting and he got mad at it," I explain and she nods her head understands. "Why he is acting like that?" I ask her.

"Maybe he is jealous? But that's impossible for him to get jealous, hm maybe he didn't like to see his employees be lacking during work hours," She said and continue her work. Is he jealous? I mean it's acceptable to be jealous but why he has to make someone lose his job?

I am now in the car ready to drive home when my phone is ringing and it's Edward. I pick it up. "Hello,"

"Are you home yet?" He asks.

"Not yet, I'm at the parking lot, why?"

"Meet me at my office, I need to talk to you," He said and hangs up the call. He still sounds mad and I think he wants to about what happened earlier. I get out of the car and make my way to his office. I ask the receptionist about the CEO's office but at first, she didn't want to tell me and keep giving me a reason but after a few minutes of persuading her, she finally tells me what floor of his office. I walk to the lift and press the highest floor which is 40th. I wait and after the ding, the door opens and I walk out to see that this floor doesn't have too many employees like the floor I've been working at. I think It's only like 20 peoples here. I smile at the receptionist but she just rolls her eyes at me. Um okay.

"You must be Ms. Blair, Mr. Baldwin is waiting for you now," Someone who I assume his PA and I thank her before knock on his door. I open it to see a very beautiful office. It even have the huge glass window that shows the city.

"Mr. Baldwin?" I said carefully. He is standing at the glass window looking outside. I walk closer to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Um, are-" He cut me off by smashing his lips to mine. I don't know how to react to this. It's all happens as fast as I can imagine. I try to push him away but he is too strong and the kiss is not the love one, but it is filled with anger. I push him hard and finally, he breaks the kiss. We both breathless and I look at him. "What is wrong with you?" I ask.

"You're the one who makes me like this, you are my girlfriend but you were flirting with another guy in pantry," He said and just as I thought, he is mad about that.

"I didn't flirt with him, I accidentally spilled my drink on him, that's it," I said, "Are you jealous?"

"Yes, I am,"

________________________________________________________________________________

Give it a vote and leave a comment to. Thanks!