Chapter 24

Ava

"You're going to be the most beautiful woman he ever met," Sasha asks. She is here for helping me to pick a dress for my dinner date with Edward tonight. I don't know why he asking me to wear something I really want to wear. He even gives me his credit card for me to buy a dress that I want.

He is a bit weird these few days and I don't know why. I hope there's nothing happened again. Sasha and I went to the mall to buy a dress for tonight and I pick a full-length strapless dress. I think it is beautiful and also suitable for tonight. "Do you think he will like this dress?" I ask looking at my reflection in the mirror.

"Excuse me, stop thinking like that, of course, he will like it," She said and helps me with my makeup. I am lucky to her as my best friend, at least, she knows how to do makeup and do my hair too.

"I am excited to meet him. These few days he is so busy and can't even text me,"

"Ava, he is a billionaire who is running a huge and famous company, of course, he will be busy and you, have to be an understandable girlfriend to him, that's how it goes," I nod my head and she continues to do my makeup. After a few minutes, she finally did with my hair and even my makeup. I open my eyes and I just feel like the person that I'm looking right now is not me. I feel like a totally different person. "What you think? He will fall in love with you over and over again,"

"Oh my god, this is so pretty, thank you so much, I love you, Sasha," I said standing up and give her a hug. Then, I heard a knock on my door, it's my mom. "Mom, what you think?" I turn around to let her see my appearance.

"I am tearing up to see my daughter dressing up like this," She said. "It feels like you're getting married," She said and here we go, she's being drama queen again.

"Mom, you're going to make me cry too,"

"Don't you dare to cry, I spend an hour to make your face looks like that," Sasha threatens me and I chuckle.

"By the way, the driver is here, you should go now, have fun honey," I give both of them a hug and left the house.

After a few minute's drive, the car finally stops but it's not at the restaurant. It is like a beach? "Um, I thought we're supposed to be at the restaurant?" I ask the driver but he replies that he was told to drive here. I get out from the car and then I saw Edward standing not too far from the car. He walks towards me and smile. He is in a black suit looking dashing like always.

"You look stunning tonight," He said and kiss the back of my hand. We walk together and then we arrive at the dinner place that I assumed that he is the one who prepared this. "You love it?"

"Yes, this is so beautiful, thank you," I said and we sit to have our dinner. "You sure put lots of effort to make all this, you know we can just go eat at the restaurant," I said.

"It's not special, I want to make this night is the most unforgettable night for both of us," He said and we start to eat our food.

A few minutes later

"The food is so delicious," I said after we finally finish the dinner. Then, he stands up from his seat and offers a hand. I gladly take it and he holds my hands with both of his hands. "Why you look so nervous?" I ask. He looking nervous and I don't know why.

"Ava Blair, since we have been together, you have made me feel more complete, more alive, and shown me the true meaning of happiness. I am a better person with you by my side. I don't think I can ever live without you now and forever. When I look into my heart, I see only you. If you can look into your heart and only see me, then we should spend the rest of our lives together. I know we've only known each other for a few months but this feeling is real and strong. The first time I met you, I feel like you are the one who I want. I can't promise you that I can fix aloof your problem but I promise you won't have to face them alone. I will always be by your side through thick or thin. So, Ava Blair, will you marry me?" He kneels on one knee and takes out a small box and show the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. I can't stop the tears from coming out of my eyes.

"Yes, YES! I will marry you," I said and then he gets up and kisses me. He slides the ring to my finger and hugs me. I can't believe I am his fiancee now. I love him with all my heart and my life just complete with him.

"I love you so much, Ava Blair soon to be Mrs. Edward Baldwin," He said and wipe my tears.

"Just shut up and kiss me," I said and he really went for it. That's all I wanted right now.

I can't believe that me doing my internship in his company can lead to something like this. I've been through lots of things during my internship and it's all started with Mr. Baldwin a.k.a Mr. Bald.

-THE END-

It is the end of Mr. Bald and thank you for those who support this book from the beginning until the end. I really appreciate that. Thank you!