Dandelion fields

______

It's been a couple days since your disappearance from Giorno's private estate, the gang were trying desperately to bring you back home unharmed but they shifted their concerned with Giorno's state of mind, he'd frequently have meltdowns and fits of rage when doing his daily task with Passione, when he didn't express frustration loudly his stand would activate growing beautiful yet deadly plants and flowers.  Bruno was talking with a couple of other members from Passione something's got a bit physical to get some answers out of the guys in question.

"Do you want to die here?"
"I-I said I didn't know where La squadra went! I swear Bucciarati.."
"Hey Bucciarati! I found something on his hard drive. Forget this guy let's go before the Boss puts italy in ruins."— Narancia stated.
"Hmm so much for swearing, watch your back you idiota"— the two left the man tied up in the chair has Narancia destroyed any device capable of contacting anyone.

"Hey Bruno.. do you have any idea on why Giorno is so protective of Y/n?"
"I don't.. but it's safe to say, Giorno is experiencing childhood love, perhaps she held a big piece in his life as children. You know Giorno has always struggled with childhood.."
"Makes sense.. on the hard drive, it was a conversation with Risotto Nero, Y/n is being held at a small cottage home on the outskirts."
"Good, inform the group and we'll be on our way."

~~~

"Do you like jelly Diavolo?"
"Sure as long as it's not extremely sweet."
"Okay good! I'm making Dandelion Jam. Come with me to go pick some Dandelions"— you excitedly say as you grabbed a basket and a sun hat.

The pink haired man silently walked right behind you thinking quietly to himself, you hummed a small tune as you looked around at the gorgeous scenery, as you continued to walk the dandelion field was becoming more visible you grabbed Diavolo's hand and pulled him into a slight jog to the field.
You both passed the time picking dandelions in sweet silence and occasionally making small talk about life before Passione and silly questions, as you were looking at the ocean you heard a camera snap from behind you, diavolo held a Polaroid camera with his left hand as he waited the photo to develop.

"Sorry do you mind?"
"No it's okay! Let's take one together"
"Mm."
"Something tells me you like photography."
"Yeah before everything happened I kind of wanted to be a photographer.. I don't know what happened for me to be here.. I occasionally take pictures of the scenery and what not."
"I think you're a great photographer.. c'mon we have enough for three batches!"— you picked up the basket and placed your sun hat on his head as you grabbed his hand.

The sun felt nice on your face, the wind was blowing a bit making your hair and dress flow freely, you felt truly at peace it was a bit confusing because in honesty Diavolo is trying to unmask Giorno to over throw him from Passione's Capo rank, you know you couldn't let this happen as much as you liked Diavolo.. change was probably not his first on his "to- do" list he craved riches and power.. sooner or later they will show up and take you back to the mansion.
It was odd to say the least, Diavolo somewhat felt as a boyfriend figure but it couldn't come true as much as you fought for it, your head has been spinning with difficult questioning on feeling towards Giorno.
As he washed the rest of the dandelions you started boiling the first batch waiting for some to cool down before you both could enjoy it, as you waited you leaned against the patio door admiring the calm ocean from afar.

"Do you.. want to go to the beach again? I could take you if you'd like."
"Really? I'd love to go, it brings me peace and it also makes my hair really curly."— you giggled
"Great let's go, by the time we return the jelly should be cool enough to eat."

Hand in hand you both walked down the hill and stepped onto the soft warm sand, diavolo despised the sand yet he didn't complain to much, you ran towards the ocean while holding your hat from flying way, the waves hit your knees wetting your white dress causing it to stick to your skin, Diavolo walked over to you and rolled up his pants to his knees as you splashed the cold water on his lower legs he pulled his hair into a sloppy ponytail and then bent down to splash water on you, he picked you up and lifted you into the air, nothing could ruin this afternoon.

"Blurrin' the lines between real and the fake
God can only, I need somebody to hold me
He will do very well, I can tell, I can tell
Keep me safe in his bell, tower, hotel"

As you both continued to play around the peace was disrupted, as he put you down you held onto his chest watching as the group started closing in on the both of you.

"Y/n.. seems like your enjoying time out here."— Bucciarati flatly said as you held diavolo.

The man in front of you slightly tensed up, he looked down at you with a blank stare, he knew his fate was sealed, in a split second you and diavolo where at the beach then you felt cold tile underneath your feet, you looked up at him and creased his face, "I'm sure the jelly has cooled down by now.. listen, you've showed me what it feels to be normal again, you taught me to love again.. I want you to know that I'm sorry for the beginning of our meeting, I guess I've changed my motives with you Y/n.. don't worry I won't let them hurt you, just know this would have happened either way. Here have this, I bought it for you when we went clothes shopping. I love you Y/n.. your a sweet & innocent girl."
The words that left his mouth brought a couple tears to your E/c eyes, in his hand was a small golden heart necklace.
From around the corner was Mista and Giorno, and from the patio came Abbacchio and Bruno, you finally realized what their objective was.

"Diavolo, Safe to say you know why we're here. Clearly you turned your back on the Famiglia I'm sure you know what that means."— Giorno coldly stated.
"Do what you must.. just don't... not in front of her por favore.. Y/n please go."
"No! I won't leave you.. per favore, per favore no!"— you shouted as Abbacchio held you back.
"Don't hurt her! She didn't do anything."

Giorno walked over to Diavolo as he punched his nose, you didn't know what you felt deep down everything hurt, apparently Diavolo did change his intentions, he didn't deserve to be beaten he didn't deserve to die.. unfortunately that's the price to pay when you turn against the system.
Abbacchio held your arms and you fell to your knees sobbing at the sight, your pleads and begging had no effect on Giorno, Diavolo knew he couldn't put up a fight. Mista finished the sobbing and shouting, diavolo didn't move and you sat there feeling so empty, the sweet jelly filled jars were smashed on the floor slightly mixing with fresh crimson red blood..

"Juliet's kiss.. protect me.." Abbacchio clenched his heart he chocked at the feeling of heavy ness in his chest, a ghostly woman was in front of him getting ready to stab his heart out with a beautiful shining dagger yet you couldn't pull through with it, the rest of the group only watched with tear filled eyes yet Giorno had no effect.
Running to Diavolo's room you shut the door and pushed his dresser up against it and locked yourself in the bathroom, the loud banging became more uncomfortable as you sat crouching down covering your ears from the noise. The door opened as a zipper appeared and out they dragged you from the small room, his body laid in the cold kitchen floor, you picked up some items before leaving, clothes, a blanket, items he gifted you, the remaining jar of dandelion jelly and his trench coat for the motel, there his body remained untouched, in his hand the photo of you he took from the field remained.

As the car started moving you touched the photo of you and diavolo, time felt as if it stopped completely..

______
I'm sorry for the long chapter, as you can tell I have  some love for Diavolo lol but this isn't the book for that.😂

SORRY FOR TYPOS!!
🐞