Bruno's Diagnosis

______

"So, how's the jobs going?"
"It's complicated, I'm scared of messing up and doing something stupid.. like always."
"Hush! You could never do something stupid."
"Well it appears you haven't met me yet, have you."

You and Giorno talked for the whole afternoon about random nonsense and things about your day, time slipped way from your grasp as Abbacchio knocked on your door, call you for dinner.

"Abba says dinner is ready, I have to go now.."
"My love, why so blue?"
"I don't really know, I feel like I've forgotten something, perhaps someone.. I miss you as well."
"Are you sure that's all Farfalla?.."

The mentioning of the nickname hurt your heart and your mind went blank.

"S-say that again.. what did you say.?"
"My fair lady! Dear don't hold the others waiting, I'll text you in the morning, I'm leaving to Florida tomorrow."
"Oh.. okay, be safe, ciao amore."
"Arrivederci alla mia amore. Ti amo."

You hung up after hearing his last words, red creeped into your cheeks, "did he really say I love you?" At the dinner table, everyone was quiet, Abbacchio had somewhat of a melancholy expression, Mista and Narancia weren't talking about silly things like always and this would be Bruno's third time missing out on dinner, the room felt separated and unnatural, eating in silence was the only peace there was until a loud scream came from upstairs, Abbacchio jumped out of his chair and rushed away to the man in one of the rooms.

"W-what.. what's going on..?"
"Shh.. it's Bucciarati.. loud noises set him off."
"Man, I hate when he gets like this.. I just. I want him to get better.."— Mista loudly whispered as he held back tears.
"Abbacchio isn't going to come back down and finish dinner, we might just clean up and store the leftovers.."

For the rest of the night, gentle sobbing could be heard a few doors down coming from the couple's room.

____

"Mr. Giovanna, welcome to Florida, we take it your here to see Mr. Kujo."
"Yes, he called.. not feeling well."— he flinched at his thick Italian accent and shaky English but shrugged it off.
"Come with us, Josuke Higashitka is awaiting your arrival.

____

The night was hard to sleep, the dawn of night began making you sleep until a soft knock woke you up inside came Fugo lightly rubbing your back to get your attention. "Good morning.. will you be joining one of us today?". You shook your head "no" from underneath the comforter and felt his warm hand leave your back, the weight from your side of the bed had vanished and soon the only audible thing heard was the door clicking shut.

Hours later you arose to greet the afternoon sun, stepping out quietly you walked down the stairs only to be stopped dead in your tracks but a deep husky voice. "Why didn't you go with Fugo today?". "I wasn't feeling well" you stated at the man in the green recliner, his back facing you leaving you clueless to how he heard you. Walking over softly, Abbacchio had a daze stare in his eyes, his hands rested on the recliners armrest, he stared at nothing.

"Abba..?"
"What."
"W-what happened with Bruno?.."

The mans' face contorted into a frown fighting to hold back tears, you sat down on the right side of the armrest and waited for a response.

"It happened a long time ago.. back when I was a cop, Bruno worked for his Father as a fisherman and running his fish stand, I remember his gleaming blue eyes, they looked like the sea on a hot summers day, soft and dewy. His Father ran into trouble and was a witness to a drug trade landing him to the hospital, Bruno's mother wouldn't help him out with anything and never came by to check up on him, a few months later his dad had passed away leaving him behind with no where else to go..

Things got rocky in my life too, I remember going by the pier where he normally was but he wasn't there, later I found him at a cliff on the side of the beach, he was scared and nervous, contemplating taking his own life until I stopped him. I quit my job and months later ended up living in the streets until Bruno found me again only this time he was a changed man, we joined Passione and Giorno took us in. The past comes back to haunt you my dear girl.. be wise of this things you do. Cherish your loved ones before they leave."

You sat there with tears rolling down your eyes as he continued to speak, you throat clenched and suddenly Abbacchio looked scared.

"Can I ask you something?"
"Y-yes.."
"Would you believe me if I told you Bruno doesn't exist anymore?."
"What..?"
"Perhaps he's more of an empty shell with magic keeping him running. Would you believe it?"

You got up and grabbed Mista's coat running for the car and of course driving off, only this time you felt lost, the path to the hill that you once knew didn't appear like it usually does, the thought in your head made you sick, you didn't understand a word he said, but his last phrase left you dumbfounded.. perplexed. And anxious..

"Bruno's diagnosis is that he's dead.."

_______

SORRY FOR TYPOS !!

Lately I've been thinking of Bruno and his character and just making myself sad, I love seeing fanart of him being a rewind and not existing, his character to me is a depressed man who lost everything yet try's so hard to seem put all together for the greater good of everyone else. Idk if I'll explain it in full detail because it ruins the fun in the next chapter but idk, this is really the only idea I can think of rn.
Stay tuned

🍓