Meeting the Gang and Being with the Brothers

Raelynn's POV

Well, I got the job at Burger World! Which is a good thing for me of course. I looked at my phone and saw Kathryn's text, which shocked me in a way. She was never really one to go somewhere alone, but that's okay. 

I decided to call Joey, but my phone was already ringing; with his name on my screen.

"Heya, Rae!" He sounded so happy. It made me smile widely.

"Hey! I'm sorry my interview took a little longer than I wanted. It literally felt like forever!" He then giggled. 

"Don't worry about it, its okay! Promise. Burger World right?"

"Yes! Are you and your friends coming here?"

"Sure thing, but didn't you say that you have a friend there with you too?" Oh no. Kathryn.

"I mean, she was. She texted me that she was going somewhere, hoping to get another job too. Why do you ask?" I began to get nervous not knowing where my best friend is. 

"One of our friends is single, and didn't know if she wanted to meet him."

"I need to call her to see where she's at. How far away are you guys?" I asked, trying to hurry up so I can call her. 

"Were walking, so maybe 15 minutes. Give or take."

"Okay. I'll see you when you get here, bye Joey." I quickly hung up before he could get another word out, and i quickly dialed Kathryn's number.

Kathryn's POV

I feel my phone ringing in my pocket as I sit in the lobby of Kaiba Corp. Good thing I'm not in that meeting yet. I pull out my phone and see its Raelynn. I sighed and answered.

"Hey, how did your interview go?"

"It went great. I got the job, now where the hell are you?! Joey and his friends are gonna be at Burger World in about 13 minutes!" She sounded so mad with me since I left.

"I'm at Kaiba Corp about 10 minutes away. Turns out the little boy I helped is the younger brother of the CEO of this place. Since I helped him out, he wants to hopefully get me a job here." That apparently didn't help my situation when Rae said,

"Did it REALLY have to be today? When I'm meeting my boyfriend and YOU'RE supposed to be here with me? I got the job at the damn place so you don't need to have a job right now. I'm really disappointed right now with you."

"I moved here with you. I need to get a job too so you're not the only one paying for everything. You said that yourself. Not to mention, I'm currently sitting in the lobby. I don't need to fight with you right now. So, I'm going to leave you be. Have fun with Joey and I'll call you later."

Before Raelynn could say anything else with her bitchy attitude, I hung up and sighed. I put my phone on silent and I shove it back into my back pocket, hoping Mokuba or the CEO or even maybe both could come down here. It's getting quite boring.

After a few short moments, I hear footsteps. I look towards the elevator and I see a tall brunette with dark sapphire eyes and the little Mokuba right by him.

"That's her, big bro!" I stood up and they both walked to be in front of me. 

"Kathryn?" The taller man asked me, in which I nodded in response. "Well, you're going to be coming with me. Mokuba, stay here." He had a harsh and rude tone, no wonder why Mokuba was crying.

We got in his office and as he sat at his desk, I sat in the chair in front of it.

"Tell me about yourself. Make it quick." I rolled my eyes and began. 

"My name is Kathryn Wettekin and I moved here from America with my best friend. I used to work in a daycare facility back in America, but I needed some new scenery. I enjoy writing, walking, traveling, and helping out others. I grew up without my mom, so my dad was the only quote on quote "parent" available. He was a drunk and a terrible person. He passed away right before I moved here and I have no idea where my mom is, so I just had a broken family basically."

"So tell me how you met Mokuba today." His eyes were piercing my soul. I could just feel it.

Raelynn's POV

I sat on the outside benches to see 5 people walk in my direction and I was able to recognize Joey. I got up and I ran to him. 

"JOEY!" I shouted, and he saw me, then ran over to me. 

We hugged so tight like we didn't want to let go. It was nice, it really was.