A Very Long Flight

Just a forewarning: Seto Kaiba is a bit OC in this chapter. Since they are dating now, I wanted to try to mix dick ass attitude with some kindness. THERE IS ALSO A BIT OF LIME TOWARDS THE END OF THIS CHAPTER.

Seto's POV

After a couple hours of us talking and her telling stories, Kathryn ended up falling asleep. We have approximately 10 more hours to get to San Francisco. I decided to go ahead and put it on auto pilot and pulled out my cell phone that I invented, to even work in space and high altitudes. I found Yugi's number and I called it.

"Hey, Kaiba! Did you and Kathryn make it to your destination?" He asked me in his well known cheerful voice.

"No, we still have hours to go. I called to talk to Kathryn's roommate." I said sternly, while wondering how he found out about them leaving the city.

"Oh, Raelynn? Sure! Hold on, Kaiba." A few moments go by and then I heard a different voice.

"Is this Seto Kaiba? That douche CEO that is taking my best friend away from me?!" Wow. That was nice of her.

"It is. You seem like a very nice individual." Raelynn growled.

"Listen here, rich kid. If she gets hurt because of you while she's with you, so help me!" 

"I'm not going to hurt her. How did you guys even find out about us leaving? Did Kathryn tell you?"

"As a matter of fact, yes she did. When your bodyguard passed me and the gang in the limo, I saw her in the back. When we got to the apartment, I held on to her for dear life because going there for a job is so ridiculous! Why the hell would you do that?! Where the hell are you even going?!" Raelynn's yelling was getting on my nerves.

"Stop yelling, and I'll tell you." She turned silent for a moment and I continued to talk. "During her interview, I called Roland; my bodyguard for him to bring up my little brother Mokuba up to finish it up. I need someone to watch him because I work all the time, even too much. Roland came up to my office and yelled at both Kathryn and myself saying that Mokuba got kidnapped. So, I told her to go into the hall to make some calls and I did as well. In a matter of minutes, I found out where he is; which is in San Francisco, California. An enemy of mine that's been trying to take over Kaiba Corp for years had one of his henchmen come here to take him, and I'm bringing Kathryn to see if she can prove to me if she can protect my little brother." There was silence. Then I heard a voice that was too familiar.

"Well, Rich boy. If she does come back with any scratches then you can bet my foot in your ass!" God, Wheeler. 

"Calm it, mutt." I pinched the bridge if my nose. "Kathryn is sleeping right now and we have about 10 hours left anyway until we reach California anyway."

"When you guys land, have her call me please?" Raelynn asked, surprisingly in a nice tone. 

"I can."

"Okay. Well, have a safe flight I suppose."

"Will do." I hung up.

I got up from my seat and I went to my bag in the back. I went through my bag and I found 2 water bottles and a container of rice. I walked to microwave and I was heating up my rice. While it was, I went to the front and I put the water bottles in the cup holders. Just in case she wanted one. 

Why do I like her? What makes me like her so much? I mean, she is my girlfriend now. This is so new to me, I never thought I could get this far. She's something special to me, alright. I do know that much. Maybe it's the way how comfortable she was with me? Maybe how open Mokuba was to her? I have no idea...