The Promised Date

Seto's POV

I slipped into Mokuba's hotel bathroom to get ready for the date I promised Kathryn when we were still back in Domino City. I showered, brushed my teeth, put deodorant on, combed my hair, did all I had to do in order to go on this dumb date. I couldn't believe that I asked some random girl I had an interview with on a date. I had a feeling that this will not go well, it's already odd of me to let some girl in my life that I barely know, even though we found out a lot about each other on the way to this cursed city. But, with the duel that we had I saw how Mokuba reacted to her. I taught her how to duel and she was good, obviously not good enough to defeat me.

"Big bro? Are you ready?" My little brother asked me as he peaked in the bathroom, seeing me in my white tuxedo, finishing up my hair. "Oh, wow! I haven't seen you wear that since the duel with that pink hair Schroder guy!" He cheered.

"Oh ya? Well, do you like it?" Then before he could answer, I asked a different question. "No, will she like it?" I asked, feeling doubted; in which is definitely not me. This girl has me wrapped around her damn finger.

"I love it! I think she will too." He gave me a reassuring smile, giving me hope for this date. "Where are you guys gonna go?" I fixed my tie and I looked down at him.

"No idea, we're going to drive around until we find somewhere nice. It's San Francisco, I'm sure there's something." Mokuba nodded and his smile faded, so I squatted down and I rested my hands on his shoulders. "What are you thinking about?"

"I really like her, Seto. I just hopes she makes you happy." He then hugs me and I hug him back.

"Mokuba, I asked you if she would like this tux. You believe that I love her, and if I did, it would be love at first sight." I stood up, readying my posture to go back to my hotel room. "It will be okay, little brother." He gave me a final hug and wished me good luck as I walked out the door to head to my room.

Kathryn's POV

All I had to do for the date was to put deodorant on and settle my hair, since I brushed my teeth when I was putting on comfy clothes. I slipped into my maroon lace cocktail party dress. It has short sleeves and it fit my curves well, but I always wore bigger clothes because I am chubby, and I don't want Seto to end up feeling disgusted for dating someone like me. I spun around looking at myself in the bathroom mirror, as my semi-wet curls fell down my back. 

But, the more I looked at it, the more I hated the image. A built, tall and rich brunette being seen with a short chunky girl. We all knew that Seto Kaiba was too good for me, and I hated to think about it. He told me to not worry, and to never think like that but it's hard. 

David Collier, my ex-boyfriend always made sure I felt like shit, even though Seto has been a dick to me only a couple times. I just hope he wouldn't hate on my image, because I have no idea how I would be able to handle that. David cheated on someone who looked the COMPLETE opposite of me, I have deep brown eyes that could be mistaken for black and curly dark brown hair. I have tan skin and I hate having my nails done. This girl, skinny, absolutely gorgeous with her strawberry blonde hair and light blue eyes, light skin and her long pink nails. I couldn't ever compare to her, and I hated it. I looked more into the mirror and I decided to just put on some light make up.

A couple dashes of mascara and a light swipe of lip gloss, just to make myself pop more. I grabbed my hair tie and I began to quickly make a side french braid, hoping that will make me look and feel prettier, but I ended up failing. 

knock knock

The bathroom door was being knocked on, and I already knew it was my date; Seto Kaiba.