Arguing and a Hurtful Flashback

JUST A WARNING. This chapter will have abuse and sexual actions. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE READING: please read up til it states the flashback and scroll right past it.

Kathryn's POV

The moment Roland and I got back to Kaiba Corp, Kaiba instructed me to follow him to go to the top of the building with him. But the entire time we were in the elevator together, it was really awkward. It just felt like I had nothing to say; even though a series of questions ran through my head.

Where are we going? Is a week long enough? Why does he want to take me on a date when we come back? Why did Mokuba get kidnapped? What's going to happen if we don't get Mokuba back after a week?

Just the thought of all this scared me. Then, Kaiba spoke getting me out of my dazed state of mind.

"Miss Wettekin?" I shook my head and looked at him. He was looking down on me and I felt so vulnerable. "What are you thinking about?" He asked with poison spitting out in his voice.

"Just, asking myself questions that I don't have answers to. Don't worry about it please." I said, with a small bit of attitude in my voice. 

"Don't speak to me like that. Keep in mind, I am your boss." I rolled my eyes, hoping he didn't see it, but I was dead wrong. "What was that for?" I sighed.

"Just stressed okay?!" 

Silence struck us, but I could feel his cold stare on me. It was not comfortable at all, but it just felt like I couldn't do anything about it. I'm just an American girl who moved to Domino City, Japan with her best friend. Just a girl who didn't have a job lined up for herself. A girl who's a risk-taker and has had a rough childhood. Comparing her to Seto Kaiba; the CEO of one of the world's greatest gaming companies is a mistake a young American girl can easily make. He's rich. To him, I'm basically nothing. Just a stick in the mud; even though I have no idea why he wants me to join him to get his younger brother back.

We didn't speak or look at each other.

Seto's POV

I noticed that Kathryn was thinking about something. I wanted to know what she was thinking about, because for some reason it bothered me. Since when did a mind of a girl bother me? I just met Kathryn, and Mokuba needs a sitter. She's going to prove to me what she can do to help me get Mokuba back, which is the main reason why she's coming with me.

"Miss Wettekin?" She shook her head and looked at me. She was looking up at me and I could tell that she felt so vulnerable. "What are you thinking about?" I asked with an accidental poison spitting out of my voice.

"Just, asking myself questions that I don't have answers to. Don't worry about it please." she said, with a small bit of attitude in her voice.

"Don't speak to me like that. Keep in mind, I am your boss." I noticed she rolled her eyes so I spoke again. "What was that for?" Kathryn sighed.

"Just stressed okay?!" I was shocked she rose her voice to me. I'm Seto Kaiba! But, it just felt like I couldn't say anything more to her at this moment. I don't understand what I'm feeling. It can't be guilt.. Or is it?

A few moments passed and we reached the top of the Kaiba Corp tower. Even with this tension between Kathryn and myself, I can't let that bother me as we both you could say; team up to save my little brother. But I must say, it was too quiet.

I opened up the jet door to let Kathryn in first and I gripped her bag, in a sense that I could put it in the back for her. Instead, she just snatched it back and glared at me.