Loyalty and Bets

Kathryn's POV

My interview with Seto Kaiba went pretty smooth, at least I thought so. Besides the fact of him asking me about his brother. I answered every question with an honest answer. Past jobs, how it was like growing up; which makes me wonder what kind of job he has for me. 

"Well, I do have a job for you." He said, staring into my brown eyes. He then dialed the machine on his office phone and said, "Roland, send up Mokuba."

"Yes, sir. Right away." Roland replied. 

When he disconnected, I couldn't help but stare into my new "boss"'s eyes. It soon became awkward. 

"Can I help you, Miss Wettekin?" Seto asked with a bit of poison in his tone. I then realized I was zoned out. 

"Oh, yes. I'm sorry." I quickly turned my head away. Within the next few moments, we heard the door open. 

"Mr. Kaiba!" The tall man shouted. "We have a problem!" Seto Kaiba then stood up fiercely and shouted back.

"What is it!? Where is Mokuba!?" I could tell he was worried, and so was I. I had no idea what was going on.

"Mokuba! He got kidnapped!" I stood up too. 

"WHAT?!??!!" Seto and I shouted together.

"Who did it?! I swear if it was Pegasus again, his head WILL be on a platter." Seto was pissed. But this made me feel like Mokuba must have kidnapped him before obviously.

"I couldn't tell you, Mr. Kaiba!" Roland said aback. 

"Get out, Roland. I'll find him and figure out everything. I'll let you know when we leave."

WE?

Roland left, leaving my new boss and I alone. He sits down in his office chair, puts his hands in his face, and sighs. 

"Miss Wettekin." He looks at me. 

"Yes?" I replied nervously. 

"You're coming with me to get my brother back." My heart raced. 

"W-What?!" I yelled at him. "Why!?" Seto just stared at me. 

"It'll show your worth to me. Come with me to rescue my brother and I'll take you on a date." I could NOT believe he just said that. "If you don't, then I suppose you won't have a job." I ran my fingers through my hair and groaned. 

"I guess I have no choice then?" He smirked, which made my stomach turn; in either a good way or a bad way. 

"You really don't. Step out of my office and make some calls. Letting your roommate know you might be late." He winked and I blushed. "Not to mention, I have to make some calls myself." I nodded and grabbed my purse. My heart is still racing, besides the fact of his sapphire eyes still burning on my backside as I walked out of his office. 

Obviously, the first person I called was Rae. Oh, and I know she will not be happy with me.

I dialed her number, and she answered almost immediately.

"Are you done? Because if you are, then the gang and I can pick you up." I sighed. "What? Are you okay? Did you not get the job?" 

"It's not that. The little boy that got me here is the younger brother of the CEO who did in fact hire me. I don't exactly know what I'll be doing, but when he called him to come up to the office, someone came up and told us that he got kidnapped." Raelynn gasped in fear. 

"What?! Oh no, that's so sad!" 

"Yes, I know. But, my supposedly new boss wants me to go with him to rescue him. If I refuse, then he won't give me the job."