monachopsis; zh

Monachopsis (noun): The subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place

you lived with the why dont we boys. you were like a sister to them, all but zach seeing as he was your boyfriend. he had asked you out about 8 months ago. then he asked you to move in the house about 3 months ago.
although you were super close with all the boys you felt out of place, Monachopsis if you will. it was not a good feeling. you we're always around them, but felt like a bother. you were the only girl in the house which only made it worse. you didn't know what to do. you felt alone, and thought you were. you couldn't talk to the boys bc they wouldn't understand the feeling. they have each other. of course they wouldn't be alone or feel like it.
little did you know, zach had noticed changes in you. you were hanging out with them less and if you did, you always had a fake smile. since you and zach have been dating, it was obvious what was fake and what was real.
one day you were sitting on the couch with the boys, when zach pulled you into the kitchen. the others didn't notice since they were busy playing video games.
"y/n whats going on? why dont you hang out with us as much anymore?" you couldn't look him in the eyes. your head hung low with hot tears threatening to fall down. his hand pulled your head up forcing you to look at him.  "y/n..." his face softened as he pulled you into a tight hug, his hand running through your hair as he rocked you two back and forth. soon, you explained everything once you calmed down. it wasn't easy. a lot of tears were shed and many hugs were given. since that day zach introduced you to the boys' girlfriends. now you never felt alone. you had zach, the boys, and now the girls. everything was perfect.
you weren't alone anymore.