giving up ; jm

*trigger warning!*

if you are sensitive to any of the following topics, please do not read this chapter:
• depression
• self-harm
• suicidal thoughts/actions
• cussing
• blood

THIRD POV
Y/n's story

Things were rough.

Getting out of bed was a struggle, a chore even.

Y/n was tired. Not sleep tired, but tired of life. She had been so overworked lately with school, her relationship, and on top of all that she was trying to find a job so she could care for herself and her needs.

-

The teen sat in the apartment she shared with her boyfriend, Jonah, shaking as she tried get homework done. Her hands shook as she put down her pencil, putting her head in her hands.

A small sob came from her mouth as she let go. She pushed all the work off the desk, the papers and books scattering the hardwood floors underneath her.

Now, the girl had a past with depression and unfortunately, suicide. She tried to commit almost three years ago, and ended up in the hospital for a few weeks. Thats how Jonah found her. He had been in the hospital because his bandmate, Zach, broke his arm in some sort of way. The two connected quickly and soon became best friends, then shortly after, he asked her out.

-

She tried to remember the good times with Jonah to help calm her down, but every negative thought she could think of spilled into her mind. She thought she was a burden, and maybe Jonah as her out because he felt bad for the broken girl. She couldn't find a single reason as to why anyone would like, or even love her.

She knew one thing would calm her down: Jonah.
Unfortunately for her, he was on tour. He had been gone for 7 months. The two knew they could make this work, even if Jonah would be away for awhile.

Everything she had been keeping in, came crashing down all at once. Tears left her eyes as she grabbed a piece if paper, a pencil, and she started writing. Not an ordinary note, but a suicide note.

She sobbed as her hands gripped her hair. Her stood up and ran to the bathroom, locking it and opening up the medicine cabinet, knowing those 3 years of being clean were soon to be gone.

She couldn't stand fighting this battle alone.

THIRD POV
Jonah's story

Jonah was full of energy as her got in the Uber, after saying his 'goodbyes' to the boys.

The band had just gotten back from tour and Jonah was beyond excited. He was finally going home to his best friend, and lover all in one. He noticed his leg shaking as the Uber drove down the familiar streets by their apartment complex.

He thanked the uber driver, got out of the car, grabbed his luggage and watched the small car drive off into the distance. Jonah let out a collective sigh as he walked into the entrance, greeting anyone he crossed paths with.