heather; jm pt.2

its just polyester
its just polyester
its just polyester.
y/n read those words over and over again. it seemed as if it didn't matter to jonah. he only gave that sweater to y/n. she gave it back to him a week ago so he could wear it for an interview, but he said he would give it back right after. y/n was hurt and jonah seemed to be either clueless of what his actions have done, or he simply didn't care.

y/n didn't know what to do. should she text him again, or leave him alone? should she ask why he didn't think about it? she was scared. scared that this might cause a fight to happen between the two. scared things will be said that they'll both regret. scared about how this will affect the relationship. scared that this might break them up.
y/n decided to text him. it would be easier to talk this out, or so she thought.

𝐣𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐡🧸

hey jo...why'd you give
heather your sweater? i know it sounds
selfish, but you called it "y/ns' sweater" and
said it was reserved for me

she was cold so i just let
her use it.

does she still have it?

yea because i haven't seen
her in person since

oh...okay.
why did you give it to her though. like
the one specifically?

well, i didn't wanna be rude.
she was cold and i happened to be wearing it
when we were together. she didn't have a
jacket or anything so i let her have mine.

she should've been prepared
though...it was my sweater jonah.
it meant a lot to me bc it was yours

im sorry y/n, but can we
not fight about this? its stupid.

yea sure. sorry...
i love you
read

☁️

y/n's eyes filled with tears as she saw jonah had left her on read. she knew there was something else going on. he wouldn't just give her the sweater even if he was trying to be nice.

obviously overthinking, y/n thought of the worst conclusion: jonah liked heather. she shook her head trying to get the horrible thought out of her mind. she hated thinking this way, but right now she couldn't help it.

☁️

a few days later, jonah showed up at y/n's house. he apologized, but it soon turned into an argument when he announced that he allowed heather to keep the sweater a little longer.

there was crying, yelling, and very harsh words thrown towards the couple. it kept going for almost 2 hours.
"y/n it was a sweater get over it!"
"it was MINE, you even said it yourself jonah!"
"oh well, maybe i gave it to her because i cant deal with you anymore. maybe i dont love you anymore!"
then, silence. tears welled up in her eyes as jonah said that cruel sentence. she backed up towards the stairs.

"baby i didn't mean it, i promise. i love you so mu-"
"get out jonah." she cut him off, "i need some time. you know what you said and i heard it loud and clear. go home jonah."

he nodded his head as he walked out the door, looking back once more. his heart broke at the sight of the poor girl. her face was red as tears rolled down her face. she ran upstairs as jonah closed the door and walked to his car, regretting everything he did with heather. he wanted y/n, not heather.

☁️

y/n sat in her room, crying and questioning what had happened to her and jonah. she was confused. they had never fought like this. it was strange.

jonah came over a few days later with his sweater, flowers, and a card. he rang the doorbell nervously as he heard footsteps walking towards the door.

once the door opened, his face dropped. y/n looked worse than before. she had bags under her eyes, a tear stained face, sweats on, and she seemed broken. jonah quickly set all the stuff down and pulled the girl into a hug. he rocked them back and force whispering compliments and apologies in her ear.

as they swayed back and forth, apologizing to each other, they realized they were both strong. they each knew their worth and knew they could get through anything. jonah cut off heather completely because he realized how much she was into him. y/n started talking to jonah when she thought something was wrong. they were happy. they were saved. and thanks to heather, they became stronger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
im so happy with how this turned out! this is one of my favorite imagines ive done so far! part one and two were both based off of the song, heather by conan gray! 🥺🧸