falling; zh (tw)

the crowd cheered as the boys stood in stage proudly. you were off to the side watching zach, your boyfriend, preform on his birthday. he looked extremely happy, and you couldn't wish for anything else.
the boys had gone through all the songs except for what am i. zach grabbed his guitar and started strumming along with corbyn and jack.
as zach ended his verse someone shouted from the crowd
"zach herron you're fat!"
your eyes scanned the arena, but could only see fangirls. you couldn't figure out who said it. zach didn't wanna believe it. you saw him clear his throat as his hands became a bit shakier. he smiled and kept singing.
as the boys ended the show zach ran off with tears in his eyes as he hugged you. "don't believe them zach. you are perfect just the way you are" you whispered. he mumbled an 'okay' as he rocked you both back and forth.

☁️

over the next couple of months, you noticed zach had changed. he rarely ate with you and the guys. he was always in his room. you couldn't reach out and talk to him. you felt helpless, like a bad girlfriend, and useless to him. everytime you tried talking to him, he brushed you off and walked away from you.

the words shouted at the concert affected him. zach was falling into a hole. going deeper, and deeper, and deeper. you didn't know how to pull him back up. you tried, but he kept falling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n:
there will be a part 2 to this! i enjoyed writing this one and i really loved it. if anyone ever needs to reach out to me, my dms are always open!🥺🧸