new rules; zh

you've been zach's girlfriend for around 8 months. lately he's been distant and you didn't know why.
you two went out on a date for lunch. just the two of you, when suddenly zach's phone dinged. he looked at it and smiled. he then noticed you and muttered something under his breath. "i have to go" he said quickly then walked out.
he left you just like that. you quietly got up and left. you headed over to the why dont we house. when you walked in the boys saw and smiled, but soon had confused faces when they saw you frowning. "where is zach?" jack asked.
"he left randomly after getting a text while we were out eating." you sighed and daniel pulled you into a hug. he softly hummed into your ear calming you down. none of the boys knew where zach was.
about 2 hours has passed and everyone was worried. jonah sat you all down to talk about it. you sat next to daniel and laid your head on his shoulder, his arm around you.
suddenly, the door swung open and a drunk zach stumbled in. jonah walked over and put his hands on zachs shoulders. jonah looked him in the eyes, but zach was completely zoned out. the rest of you walked over and you stayed right next to daniel. it wasn't anything new for you to be so close with daniel. you two have been best friends ever since you met zach.
zachs eyes followed daniels hand as it held yours, holding you close. he shoved jonah out of his way and headed towards you. he stood in front of you and glared into your eyes. you let go of daniels hand, praying for the best. zach walked closer causing you to stumbled backwards until you the couch. the boys watched not understanding what zach was doing.
he looked you in the eye, you wincing from the smell of alcohol. he hugged you and you hesitantly hugged back. you immediately pulled away as tears flooded your eyes. you smelled perfume on him. it was sweet, maybe vanilla? you knew it wasn't yours. "what's wrong?" he slurred. you shook you head. "you cheated, didn't you?" he looked down and sighed. you took a deep breath and walked out the door. before leaving, you hugged each of the boys and let them know you were going home.
you walked in your apartment, and turned on some music trying to distract yourself from the mess. a familiar tune played and you checked what the song was.
⚡︎[New Rules]⚡︎
0:58 ─〇───── 3:41
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻
1. Dont pick up the phone, you know he's only calling cause' he's drunk and alone.

Zach kept calling you. He was broken with out you, but he made the mistake. It was his fault. He admitted to cheating. He had been doing it for 2 months straight. He only called because his side chick left him once she found out about me. He began drinking whenever he could get his hands on something. He locked himself in his room as well. He was a mess.

2. Don't let him in, you'll have to kick him out again.

-text messages-
Zach

y/n helpp me
im drubek
i neud a rhide

Zach, where are you??

𝐙𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩 | 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦

You drove to his location. you ended up dragging him out of the club and he begged to go to your house. you drove him to the boys' house. he cried a lot.

3. Don't be his friend. You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the mornin. And if you're under him, you ain't gettin' over him

You ended up staying with him because you felt bad. you knew you shouldn't have but you did. You two ended up cuddling and he fell asleep with his arms wrapped around your waist and head on your chest. you ran your fingers through his hair, sighing. you let sleep take over you.
when you woke up you remembered what happened, and for some reason you smiled and cuddled into zach more, causing him to wake up.
He looked down and smiled but immediately sat up, pulling you into his lap. he showered you faces with light kisses, making you giggle. "I'm so sorry y/n. I really am. I have no excuse. I dont know what I was thinking. im so stupid, god y/n I'm sorry." tears welled up in his eyes and you hugged him. "I forgive you, just dont do it again please." you said, barely a whisper. he nodded and smiled.
you two ended up cuddling for the rest of the day, spending as much time together as possible.
"I love you y/n"
"I love you too zach"