chapter 4

Chapter 4
________________

"When do I know
if I really love her?'
asked the boy
and the old man smiled,
'When it's no longer
a question."

________________

After a few slices of pizza and sips of coca-cola, Gulf couldn't help but burp. His companion could not help but laugh at the cute sight beside him, and fought the urge to pinch the cheeks of his Nong. When they finished cleaning up their dinner, both men sat at the sofa, with a comfortable silence surrounding them.

"So, shall we start? In pre-pageant, you need not worry about it. You just have to introduce yourself as confident as possible. In the pageant night, it where it gets tricky since everything must come into place—- your make up, clothes, posture and your stage presence. Can you stand in front of me Nong?"

Gulf complied and stood in front of Mew. Mew's gaze was piercing, the look that can see through the very depths of your soul and Gulf averted his eyes. Mew stood up in front of Gulf, his fingers found its way in Gulf's chin and moved it gently so that they faced each other. Their faces were too close for comfort and both can feel the other's breathing.

"Another tip Nong, don't avert your eyes from the crowd. Always maintain eye contact, look straight and do not look down the floor."

Just by looking at Mew's eyes, together with a touch of his skin made Gulf's butterfly warriors dance around his stomach. His thoughts went spiraling out of control and Mew's voice was muddled in his brain and he cannot quite comprehend what the guy was saying. His eyes digested the sight in front of him, and he became more and more uncertain the more he spends his time with Mew.

'The nose is familiar. Their bodies are similiar, heck, even their voice sound the same. Is P'Mew really BJ Tharn? Am I just overthinking it since I wanted to meet BJ Tharn? Or do I simply have a crush on P'Mew? I think I'm going insane.' Gulf told himself.

"I do not think you're going insane, Nong. It is normal you feel scared. Is this your first time?" Gulf's heartbeat quickened upon the realization that he just voiced his thoughts out loud.

"Huh? What did I say?"

"You said you are going insane. It will be okay Nong. We will support you every step of the way." Gulf just nodded and focused on Mew's lessons since he really was a rookie.

They finished at around 11 PM, and they were exhausted. When Gulf laid on his bed, the same thoughts plagued him. He wanted to ask Mew if he knows BJ Tharn.

"That's it! Maybe Phi is a brother of BJ Tharn or a relative. It's impossible that P'Mew is BJ Tharn, right? I remembered that P'Tay told me that P'Mew is straight." He tried to convinced himself that Mew is just a relative since he remembers that BJ Tharn once said in his livestreams that he had brothers.

"Wait, what if P'Mew is indeed BJ Tharn? If it's impossible but true, it feels like a plot of a manga or something. It would be cool if indeed it was true. Who would've thought that I'll meet my idol and long time crush?"

Gulf dismissed all the messy ideas regarding BJ Tharn. Before he slept, there is only one certainty that he realized.

"I think I have a crush on P'Mew." His heart agreed with the statement and fluttered loudly, making him feel warm and giddy. He knew he should not be having those kinds of feelings to a straight guy, much less that they are friends.

He recited the tips that Mew gave to him and finally willed himself to sleep.

________________

Today is finally the pageant day. The pre-pageant that was supposed to be yesterday was cancelled since it was raining really hard and Gulf was thankful for it since he can practice the choreography and dance the whole day.