chapter 15

Chapter 15
_______________
"Until him, all I knew was a bad kind of love. A love that was uncertain, draining, difficult. The love with him is different. It is comforting, honest, pure. It is meant to be."
_______________

Two weeks has passed since the intense Pattaya getaway, and in those span of days, the couple had added a new and exciting activity in their morning and evening routines. Gulf had already moved in with Mew, and his parents just let him be thinking that their son finally had a really close friend.

Flashback

Severe thunderstorm occurred the Monday after they returned, as if warning them that something ill was going to happen. The thunder rumbled loudly, and the rain poured heavily as Mew and Gulf sat inside a cafe with the close friend that they both share.

Tay tried his very best not to show any reaction when he really wanted to shout, squeal and shove finger hearts on the people in front of him. He had anticipated that both his close friends would eventually spill the beans, but he didn't foresee his heart swelling with happiness.

Truth be told, when Tay first saw Mew, he had already felt that Mew doesn't swing the straight way. But as the school year passes by, he thought that he might be wrong since Mew never dated anyone. He thought that Mew had just high standards, but was confused when he saw his friend at a bar flirting at times, but then Mew just say that he's single and had too much on his plate.

There was even a time when Tay asked Mew about his sexuality, but Mew just answered that he's straight as a ruler. But Tay had wanted to argue that there are bendable rulers, but decided to keep his mouth shut. Thus assuming that he must be the straight guy that only focuses solely on studies and extracurriculars, and it reminded him of his childhood friend Gulf.

Gulf was the first person that he had opened up about his sexuality, that he likes both girls and boys. That time, Tay is already 13, while Gulf just turned 10. Tay couldn't forget his and Gulf's deep conversation that led him to come out of his closet and boosted his confidence in the long run.

8 years ago
"What do you mean by that Phi? Aren't you supposed to marry whoever you like no matter if they are girl or boy?" Young Gulf was confused at the statement of his Phi, as his popsicle was dripping on his tiny hands due to the heat of the sun. They were playing and building sand castles, but then decided to take a break and bought a snack.

"I don't think it's accepted by everyone Nong." Tay said as he looked far away, seeing the faint lines of the mainland. "I heard people say that it is not normal."

"Who are they to say what is normal and not Phi? Is it because they're older and adults? I don't like adults." Gulf didn't understand how adults think, and he shouldn't. He didn't like adults, excluding his parents since according to him, they always complicate the simple things and think that they're superior just because they are thrown to Earth before he was.

"I'm scared, Nong. I think my parents will disown me and maybe my friends will bully me." Tay didn't want to show his vulnerability to his junior, but he had no one to talk to.
Gulf is the only one he could trust, and when they talk, Gulf sounded older than his age, even older than Tay himself. One of the reasons that it may be since Gulf liked to listen silently on the adults in their restaurant while continually be amazed and disgusted at their perspectives, and making his own understanding and opinion on the matter.

"Phi, if they truly love you, they will accept you no matter what. They don't deserve your love and worry if they don't accept you for who you are. If they don't accept you just because you like girls and boys, they're mind... is... small? Your world does not revolve around them. What's important is you stay true to yourself Phi. Don't sacrifice your identity just because they're not comfortable with it. Ow, my popsicle is gone." Tay was speechless, and just stared at amazement at his companion who was frowning with popsicle dripping in his arms.