chapter 12

Chapter 12
_______________
"But what is involved in a happily ever after?
There are too many versions,
not for you to choose, but to create."
_______________

'You can't kill people since it is illegal to kill them.' Mew repeated this thoughts in his head at he stared stoically at the smug person in front of him.

"What do you want N'Drake? If you won't say anything, I'll excuse myself." The hot weather did not help calm Mew's temper, and he really wanted to see his lover.

"You should calm down P'. Your persona's slipping." Drake smirked as he leaned on the chair while casually sipping on his iced americano.

Drake texted Mew two hours earlier, urging to meet at a cafe (without aircon) since he wanted to discuss a very important matter named Gulf. Mew already had an idea that Drake had eyes on his lover, and he did not like it one bit.

He wanted to tell everyone that Gulf was his, he had not talked it with Gulf. He wanted to shout to the world that he had already found his soulmate, but his own anxiety is holding him. More importantly, what if Gulf will not like it? He did not want to add pressure to his lover, and force him into something that he was not ready for.

Surprisingly, he did not care about other people's expectations and perspective on him anymore. It had always bothered him before, as he did not want to let other people down. He was afraid that others will not accept him as who he is since he is "the perfect guy." And it suffocating, and this time, he wanted to breathe freely. No one else's opinion mattered when Gulf accepted him as who he is.

Then Mew realized, he did not talk to Gulf about anything regarding their relationship, and it made him sick to his stomach. The caffeine did not very much help with his heart palpitations, and he regretted buying an espresso.

"I'm going straight to the point then. Who are you to N'Gulf?"

'He's my baby.' Mew wanted to answer.

"And why do you care?" He tried to be as casual as possible, but a vein was already throbbing on his forehead.

"Well, you seem to be close to him. I just want some clarification, and maybe support? I like Gulf, more than a friend. I heard that he's like your little brother or something." Drake smiled as sweet as possible, hoping to get the reaction that he wanted.

"He's taken." Mew snapped, biting the inside of his cheek so that he could stop himself from saying unnecessary words.

"Taken? You mean taken for granted?"

"What do you mean?"

"That his lover is just taking him for granted. If he already has a lover, then why are they hiding it? Is his lover embarrassed to tell everyone that they are dating? Or maybe his lover has not yet come out of his closet?"

"It's not your business what decisions him and his lover made. You are in no position to judge them. And you already know that he had a lover, so why enter the picture? Don't be a relationship ruiner Nong; I thought you were better than that."

The smirk on Drake's face vanished in an instant. He did not like being played at, more so, he only enjoyed when he is the one playing other people. Drake did not care one bit when he is called relationship ruiner; he always gets what he wants. After the third relationship that he ahd ruined two years prior, he had lost count.

"No, I thought you were better than that P'Mew. Are you that scared of telling everyone that you're gay? The Mr. Perfect, Mr. Straight-A Athlete, and Mr. President, is gay? Gulf doesn't deserve you."

"And what makes you think you deserve him? I won't stoop down on your level and I want to share to you a piece of advice. You should try being a mature adult for a change? Then maybe you don't need to beg for someone to love you. If you called me here to warn me or criticize our relationship without knowing our reasons, I would just excuse myself. It was not nice chatting with you, N'Drake."