chapter 17

Chapter 17
_____________
"I love you, that means I'm not just here for the pretty parts. I'm here no matter what."
_____________

The unbearable heat and unsteady waves of the sea, along with the loud voices of his brothers and Tay, made Mew's head throb and pulse. They were riding a ferry to Pha Ngan since he was to meet Gulf's parents, but he did not imagine that his brothers would tag along as well.

It was understandable that Tay would join them since his hometown is also in Pha Ngan. What he didn't get is why Earth and Max tagged along. His brothers even brought bigger suitcases than him and Gulf combined.

The amount of tourists are more than the usual since the Full Moon Festival is near, as well as the new year in two days time. Time flies so fast that in three months, Mew would already graduate. The idea of leaving school excites him and at the same time saddens him since he won't be able to spend more time with his lover.

Mew kept thinking if he should proceed to take a Masters degree or find a job for a year then continue studying. He had told Gulf before that he wanted to build a music company, but he had no idea where he would build it. New York and London sounded too expensive and Thailand... he did not want to build it in Thailand since his family also owns a music company.

What bothers him the most is how he would generate millions in case Gulf's parents would ask for large amount of dowry. He only has few millions left in his bank account from his streaming job (as BJ Tharn) before, and he doubts that it would be sufficient.

Mew leaned on his lover's shoulder hoping to ease the migraine that he had been feeling as soon as the boat moved. Gulf wrapped his arms on Mew while gently caressing his hair.  Mew drove the car really fast and it shocked Gulf to know that his lover felt dizzy from the gentle rocking of the boat.

"Princess Mew got dizzy huh? Let's throw him at the ocean while he's still asleep." Earth remarked and Mew just raised his middle finger in response.

"Why are you even here? Are you that bored that you start meddling with other's business?" Mew snapped, obviously pissed at Earth's presence. Mew didn't mind that Max went with them, but he didn't like the idea of Earth joining them. To him, Earth is a nuisance.

"Quit it you two." Max said. "I'm going to get something to eat. Do you want anything in particular?"

"Can I order a lover?" Earth and Tay said simultaneously, and Max just decided to ignore them and went on his way to get some food.

Max had wanted to ask Gulf and Mew, but the couple seemed to be busy sleeping in each other's arms while listening to a music in their shared earphones. Amidst the loud noise of Earth and Tay talking about zombies and anime, the intense lapping of the waves, and the whirring of the boat, Gulf felt at ease. He was coming home, and he was bringing his lover with him.

The boat, S.S. Peter Pan, looked like it had already existed for more than thirty years already, as the floorboard creaked every time Max placed his foot and shifted his weight. The Peter Pan hummed forcefully as smoke found its way out of the chimney, and Max wondered how the boat manage to still work without an accident. Ironically, the boat is named after the boy who never grew up, but is creaking from age that could be compared to the bones of an old person suffering from a bone disease such as osteoporosis.

Max stared too long at the food; he did not recognize any of it. Max is in a dilemma. A number of cup noodles in different flavors, corn snacks, chocolates that did not look like actual chocolates, and bottled drinks that contained jellies, soft drinks and iced tea. Even with the wide array of food selections, all of it is alien to Max.

"Excuse me, Sir. Are you going to buy something?" Max snapped at the voice and stared at the crew wearing a dark blue polo shirt and denim pants with a name plate that reads 'Tul'.