chapter 13

Chapter 13
_______________
"I loved you as
Icarus loved
The sun—

Too close,
Too much."
_______________

Mew back hugged his lover like his life depended on it. He badly want to ebat himself up for not reacting sooner to the kiss. He didn't want to kiss that girl; he did not want to kiss any girl. He didn't want to kiss anyone except Gulf.

"I won't let you go. Please just let me explain na~. It's all just a misunderstanding."

"Were you playing me Phi? Do you like girls after all? Just tell me honestly, and I would let you go. I was really dumb to think that you'll like me, a no one. And a guy." Gulf's emotions ran high, like a water wanting to burst out from a dam. He is a smart kid, but not so much in terms of love.

"Bii, you are the only one I love." Mew faced his lover and wiped his tears away, but the tears won't stop coming. "I didn't initiate the kiss with that girl. I was simply shocked. I would never kiss anyone intentionally. Please believe me na..."

Gulf just closed his eyes, not wanting to see the face of his lover that he had been looking forward the whole week. He almost never cried, but since meeting Mew, he can't control his emotions. Who would've thought that in love, the greater the happiness that you felt will be proportional to the hurt that you will feel.

But of course, love conquers all.

"Do you really mean that? It's not too late for you to back out and leave Phi. She's pretty. If you like her... I'll gladly step back."

"I don't like her. I didn't even know her until minutes ago. I'll always choose you Bii. Don't ever doubt that." Gulf just nodded, and Mew wrapped his arms around him, caressing his back hoping that it'll ease the pain.

"Umm... P'Mew?" Peach, the girl who kissed Mew approached them. She felt really guilty about kissing Mew, especially that he had a lover. She liked Mew, but that was when he thought he was single. "I'm really sorry for kissing you like that. I didn't know you are already taken. Umm, N'Gulf, it's all just a misunderstanding. It's my fault for coming at him like that."

When she looked at Mew's lover, she didn't want Mew anymore. She wanted to be Mew instead. She had heard of Gulf since he won the pageant and was on the soccer team, and he is also definitely her type. 'Why do good looking men end up with each other? At this rate, I'm going to die single.' Peach thought, and left the scene with a heavy heart.

"I'm sorry Phi... I doubted you." Conscience and guilt tugged at Gulf's heart. He should've known better that Mew would never cheat on him, but he can't control his emotions. No one can really fully control emotions; it's part of being human.

"I understand you Bii. And don't be sorry na? It's not your fault for feeling angry or you doubted me. I'm sorry for not breaking the kiss sooner. I'll make it up to you. I love you na?" Mew stared at his lover's almost swollen lips and mentally slapped himself for wanting to kiss his lover when they almost had a fight.

"Buy me dinner then." Gulf joked, hoping to ease the tension that's between them. One can never be really at their lover for long, can they?

"I have an even better idea. Are you in?"

"And what is that idea? Why do I feel like it is a bad one?"

"That's harsh. You'll like it... but it involves not coming home for 2-3 days. So... you're in right?" Mew had thought about spoiling his cute lover since they had been together but never had the chance since he was too busy, thanks to his thesis and curricular activities. Maybe this time, he would be able to redeem himself.

"But I don't have any clothes in me right now." Inside Gulf's backpack is just a notebook, his journal, pencil case, calculator and a tumbler. He was not prepared for traveling at all.