chapter ten

I walked into the common room very tired from the three essays I just wrote. I see the boys sitting by the fire so I go over there with them. I sit by James and smile "Hey guys." I say happily. "Hey Y/N, what's got you in such a good mood?" Peter asks and I sigh "Knowing that I won't have homework for 3 days." I reply and they nod. "You can do mine too." James says elbowing me in the rib cage "I'll pass." I say and he pouts. I look at Remus who is staring into the fire, the full moon was in 4 days and I haven't really talked to him so I don't know what his mood is. "Hey Rem, you okay?" I ask and he looks at me "Yeah I'm fine." he mumbled "Do you need anything? Coffee, chocolate, anything?" I ask and he snaps his head up "I said I'm fine." he snapped. I was a little taken back but just nodded "Okay, just trying to help." I say softly and he scoffs "Thanks but I don't need your help." he says and I roll my eyes "Note taken." I snap back. "Come on you two don't fight." Sirius says "We aren't fighting. I just don't want her help." Remus growled "You're gonna want my help when you come from the shrieking shack covered in blood." I shoot back. "I'd trust Peter with my cuts more than you." he muttered "Good to know! Have fun doing Prefect duties the day after because I won't cover for you!" I exclaim. He scoffs "You have to cover for me!" he said "Not when you're being a prick I don't!" I yell back "Y/N he didn't mean it I'm sure." James said softly "To bad. See you all later." I grumble getting up and storming out of the common room "Y/N wait!" I heard Remus yell but I just flipped him off. I ran to the Astronomy tower and sat on a bench looking up at the sky. I felt bad because I knew he couldn't help it but my emotions got the best of me.

I had been on top of the Astronomy tower for about two hours when I decided to head back to the common room. I muttered the password and when I stepped inside all the Marauders were still seated where they were but looked very tired. "You all can go to bed now." I mutter stopping at the steps to the girls dorm. "Not until you and Remus talk." Sirius said and I rolled my eyes "Remus I'm sorry, I'll cover your duties, now goodnight." I grumble before running upstairs "Oh god she's upset." Peter mumbled. I quickly changed into my pajamas and laid on my bed. "He's really sorry you know." Lily said from the bed beside me. "I know, but it made me mad." I say turning so I faced her "After you left he went on and on about how stupid he was for saying those things. He cried a little too." she said and my jaw dropped "Are you serious? He cried?" I asked and she nodded "He really cares about you and it made him mad with himself. Since tomorrow is Saturday I'd talk to him." she said and I smiled "I will. Thanks for filling me in Lils." I say getting comfortable "No problem." she says I close my eyes and sigh "Goodnight Lily, Molly, Alice." I mutter "Goodnight N/N." Molly said "Night Y/N." Lily said "Have a nice sleep Y/N." Alive said. I quickly drifted off into a deep sleep.

"Y/N wake up." Molly said shaking me "Why?" I grumble "Because Remus has been waiting for you to wake up for 30 minutes now wake up." she says and I huff "You owe me a," I start but she finishes "a fire whiskey, yes I know. Now he's in the common room so goooo." she says pushing me towards the door. I slowly make my way down the stairs and the over to him. "Hey." I mumble sitting across from him. "Can we please talk?" he asks and I nod. "I'll go first," I say and he nods "I'm sorry for snapping it just caught me off guard yesterday. I know you can't control it really. I'll do your prefect duties trust me I'm not that mean to have you do them. I'm sorry Remmie." I say and he nods "It's okay, I don't blame you for being upset. You were right, I'll need your help in a few days, I don't trust Peter at all. I also wanted to ask if I can get a back massage if you're not mad at me, because my back feels awful." he said with a smile. I looked up at him and sighed "Oh Remus I'm not mad at you. Come here give me a hug." I say opening my arms and he walks over and crashed into them "I'm very sorry I want you to know that." he whispered and I rubbed his back "I know you are, I know. Now lay on your stomach." I say and he does with a big smile on his face. I sit on his lower back and start massaging his back "I may have Lily and Frank cover for us on the full moon so I can be prepared for you to come back." I say softly "I'm sure it won't be that bad." Remus said and I smiled "When you get angry during full moons it means it's worse. Trust me after the what, 5 years, I've learned that. My father was the same way." I say and he sighs in relief as I move down his back. "Do you think I'll die from a transformation?" he asks and I stop for a second "No Remmy I don't think so. My father was older when he was attacked so his body wasn't used to it. Yours however happened when you were young so your body will be familiar with the transformation." I say and he nods. I start massaging his back again "It's cute when you're smart." he says and I chuckle turning pink "Thanks Rem, you aren't the only Marauder who has a brain." I say and he chuckles "Guess I'm not." he says. After a few minutes I get up and grab a blanket. I cast a heating spell on it and turn to Remus. "Lay on your back." I say and he does. I lay the blanket over his body and begin tucking in the sides. "You're the best. I don't know what I'd do without you." he mumbled and I smiled at him as I sat on the ground with him "You'd be in a lot of pain that's for sure." I say and he nods "I really would. Thank you so much." he says and I grab his hand "Anything for my favorite Marauder." I say and his eyes widen "I beat Sirius!?" he whisper shouts and I giggle and nod "Don't tell him though." I say and he nods. The rest of the day I helped Remus stay as comfortable as possible as his body began to hurt more and more. By the end of the day I had done everything I used to do with my dad and a few new things. I walked Remus to bed and collapsed on James bed and quickly fell asleep.

***
:)