chapter sixteen

It was the night of the full moon and I was nervous. This was the first time I wouldn't be the one helping Remus after a transformation. "What if something goes bad?" I ask James as we walked to the great hall for breakfast "Then we'll send Sirius to come get you." I sigh "He hates me now you know." I mumble and he shakes his head "I don't know what's gotten into him." James said and I chuckle "I know exactly what's gotten into him." I say pointing to Remus and Riley who were making out in the corner. "I don't like her at all." James said as we walked into the hall "Me either Jamie but if he's happy he's happy." I say and he nods a little. We sit down and I put a waffle on my plate and start to eat "So Lily and I were going to Hogsmede together and we wanted to know if you wanted to come." he said and I smiled "That's sweet James but I'll be okay. I'll hang out with Sirius." I say taking a bite of food "He's going with Marlene." James said and I sighed "Okay well I can't hang out with Molly because tomorrow she's going with Arthur so I'll erm I don't know." I say sitting my fork down. "You could go with me gorgeous." a Slytherin said sitting next to me. "She's okay." James said and the Slytherin looked at him "You don't always have to play overprotective Potter." he snarled and James glared at him. "So what do you say Princess?" the boy asked placing his hand on my thigh. "I say no." I say grabbing his wrist and pulling his hand away from my thigh. He got up and left and I shivered "That was awful." I mumble "Hey why was there a Slytherin over here?" Sirius asked as he and Remus sat down. "Because he asked me out and touched my thigh." I mumble taking a bite from my waffle "He touched you?!" James practically yelled "Calm your tits James I'm fine." I mumble and he nods. "Well what did you say?" Remus asked looking slightly annoyed "No, obviously." I say sitting my fork down. "So are you going with James tomorrow?" Sirius asked and I shook my head "Come on why not?" he asked and I shrugged "I'll let him and Lily have their date. I'll probably just read." I say and he nods "What're you doing tomorrow Rem?" I ask trying to lighten the mood "Resting." he mumbled "I know that I just didn't know it you'd be hanging out with Riley while you rested." I replied as she sat down "Of course he will be." she said laying her head on his shoulder and he looked slightly annoyed. "So Riley I heard you were helping tonight." I said and she nodded "Well goodluck." I said and she looked at me confused "It won't be that hard." she said and I looked at Sirius and James. "Erm sometimes it is. I mean you'll need a goblet and a rag with you to clean the blood. Also depending on how deep the wound is you'll need different healing spells." I said not looking at her but looking at my plate. "I'm sure I'll do perfect. Maybe you'll not be needed after a while." she said and my head shot up. "Riley that's enough." Remus mumbled and she nodded before stealing some of his food. Sirius and James start talking and Riley and Remus start talking so I push my plate a little and get up. They all look at me and I just smile "I'm going to go get ready. Remus if you need any extra chocolate you know where I keep my stash and the heavy blanket is folded on my bed and I know you know how to cast the warmth charm." I say and he nodded as his eyes softened a bit "Wow what are you his mum?" Riley asked looking disgusted "No but she is his best friend." James said and Sirius nodded. I wave to them and quickly walk out of the common room.

I ran towards the courtyard with Sirius on my tale. I get to the courtyard and I see Remus in the ground and Riley crying. I push past James and fall to my knees and start to whisper spells to close the wounds. "Okay what happened tonight? These are the worst ones I've every seen!" I exclaim and Sirius,James, and Peter look at each other "Tell me!" I yell as I lift his ripped pant leg to reveal an awful deep wound. "We think because he was mad at you he was upset with himself which caused him to take all his anger out on himself." Peter said and I nodded "Damn Lupin, how mad were you?" I whisper as I slowly turn his limp body over "He's going to die!" Riley yelled and I shook my head "Not on my watch he isn't." I say as I lift the back of his shirt and start to heal his wounds. I flip him back over and splash some water on his face which makes him wake up. "Remmy? You okay? Speak to me." I say softly holding his hand. "Pomfrey." he muttered and I looked up at Sirius who ran to go get her. "Remmie Baby you're okay!" Riley said dropping to her knees and hugging him tightly which makes him hiss. I lightly pull her off of his chest and she looks at me like I was crazy "Why'd you do that!" She yelled and I looked at Remus then to the ground "It hurt him. Any physical touch for the next three days will feel terrible to him." I mumble "Did you research all this for him? I'm sure this is just an excuse to be near him." she growled and I looked up and her and shook my head "It's not actually. But that doesn't matter. Hey Remus I'll help you get to the hospital wing and then I'll leave you alone." I say softly "Don't worry Potter I can help him." Riley said getting up as Sirius and Madam Pomfrey come back. "Actually let Y/N help." Remus said and I smile at him as Riley grows red with anger. I put his left arm around my shoulder and Sirius puts his right arm around his shoulder. "Ready Pads?" I ask "Yeah let's go." he says and we start to walk slowly to the hospital wing and when we get there I sit down and look at my blood stained sweater. "I hope you're happy." Riley said standing in front of me "What do you mean?" I ask and she scoffs "You got to be close to him today and I'm sure you loved it." she said and I smiled "Yeah I did because my best friend is finally normal again." I say before getting up and going to the side of Remus bed "Hey I'm going back to the dorm. Do you need anything?" I ask and he shakes his head "Thank you for being there." he said and I smiled at him softly "Of course Remmy. I ruined another sweater so if that doesn't show I'll always be there for you I don't know what will." I said and he chuckled "Get some rest Rem." I say before getting up and walking to my dorm. I think my best friend is finally coming back.

***
:)