chapter fifteen

I beamed happily as I ran to where the boys, Lily, and Riley were sitting on the courtyard. I stop in front of them and wave the papers in my hand excitedly. "What did you get?!" Sirius asks "AN OUTSTANDING!" I yell and he hugs me "Good job Piggie!" he yells ruffling my hair. "What did Narcissa get?" Lily asks hugging me "She got an Exceeds Expectations!" I say happily letting go and hugging James "I know your dad would be screaming with joy right now." he said and I turned to Remus who was whispering with Riley. "Didn't you hear me Rem?" I ask and he looks up "Oh yeah an Outstanding that's great!" he said before turning back to Riley. "Congrats." she muttered after a minute of me looking at them and I just smiled "Thanks." I say slowly before turning to the others. "Celebration dinner! I'll pay!!" I say excitedly and they all nod super happy. "You guys want to come?" James asks and Remus shrugs "I don't know if we will or not." he said and I looked at him with a frown on my face "But Rem it's tradition." I say and Riley smiles "Guess not anymore." she says and I sigh. "Okay well that's fine. Here take some galleons and go have fun, drink a fire whiskey for me." I say handing Lily some galleons and start to walk away. "Aren't you going? You love when this comes around every year." Sirius says and I shrug "I'm not going without Remus, it's not right, you all can have fun for me." I say and they all nod sadly as I start to walk back to the common room slightly heart broken.

It's been a few hours and no one is back yet so I decide to take a walk. I slip on some shoes and the sweater Sirius got me one Christmas and exit the common room. I slowly start to walk towards the library with my head down trying to avoid everyone's glances towards me. I walked into the library and sat at a table and began to read the book nearest to me. I was so involved with the book I didn't realize Narcissa sit in front of me. "So where are all you 'friends' Potter? They finally leave you?" she asks ripping the book out of my hands "No I gave them money to go out and have a nice night." I mumble looking at my hands "Can poor baby Potter not stand up for herself anymore?" Narcissa asked in a baby voice and I scoffed "Yes you bottle blonde bitch I can! But I've had a shitty day and would rather not!" I say getting up and storming out of the library fuming mad. It doesn't take much to set me off and this was a prime example. I wasn't paying attention when I ran into two people. "Hey watch it!" Riley shrikes and I sigh "I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention." I say and she scoffs "Clearly." she grumbles "Y/N why'd you run into us?" Remus asked and I looked at him "I didn't mean to! Narcissa made me mad and I wasn't paying attention." I trailed off but he cut me off "Always making excuses." he snarled and I looked up at him shocked "What?" I question and Riley smiles "Just leave us alone will you." she says and I nod sadly "Yeah of course." I say quietly before hurrying to the common room once more.

I was being woken up by James who smiled at me "Hey Y/N time to wake up." he said softly and I nod "Okay." I mumble getting up off the couch in the common room and standing up. "You okay?" he asks and I give him a confused look "Arthur heard what Remus and Riley said in the halls. Are you okay?" he asked softly and I nodded "I'm fine." I say and he hugs me "I'm sure it's just because of the full moon in a few days." James whispered as I hugged back "I hope so." I whisper back. He let's go and runs upstairs and I sit in front of the fire and play with the rug. I hear the portrait door swung open and I see Remus walk in, I give him a soft smile and turn back to the fire. "What am I getting the silent treatment?" He asked from the couch. "Well you and lover girl made it pretty clear you didn't want me around." I say softly. "Whatever." he said before going upstairs. My eyes follow him until I can no longer see him a let out a sigh. "Y/N can you come up here!" I hear Lily yell from the top of the boys dorm "Yeah Lils I'm on my way." I reply getting up and making my way up the stairs to their dorm. I walk in and they all are sitting on their beds and Lily's on James. "What's up?" I ask sitting with Sirius. "Well Remus said he wants Riley to help him after his transformation since she already knows about him and I guess she's good at healing wounds." James said softly and I looked at Remus. "Really?" I ask quietly and he nods. "Yeah I trust her." he said and I nodded and looked at the others. "Then... um if it's settled I'll just stay in the dorms that night." I say and Sirius shakes his head. "No we want you to be ready just incase she doesn't know what to do." Sirius says and Remus scoffs "I'm sure she knows what to do." he said and James sighed "Rem Y/N has been helping you since you were 11 are you really just going to have her stop. You trust her." he said and Remus shook his head "I want Riley there she's my girlfriend not Y/N." he growled and I nodded tears forming in my eyes. "Well then I'll see you all later. Maybe." I say getting up. "Y/N stay here." Lily says and I just smile sadly "I would Lils but it would make some people happy if I left." I said and she just nodded. I left the room and quickly went to my dorm and started to bawl my eyes out.

***
:)