Chapter 2

Alexis's POV

We all gathered around the entrance to Uglyville and waited for the new arrival.

"New UglyDoll comin' in hot! Willard, shake a leg," Ox said.

"You heard the mayor, Willard. Get moving," Ugly Dog told Willard as he made his way to the center of the crowd with a cushion on top of him. He was also coming in slow.

"In three," Ox started to say as he held out a clock.

"Two," We all started to join in on the countdown.

"One!" We all said as I could hear a lot of noises coming from inside the giant flower on the mountain.

Just then, the flower opened up and revealed an UglyDoll falling straight towards us. But what really got me worried was the fact that Willard didn't get to his position in time, which caused the UglyDoll to hit the ground hard. Now her head was flat.

"That's gotta hurt," I mumbled to my sister.

Everyone then started cheering as Ox made his way to the new UglyDoll.

"We're gonna need a bigger Willard," I heard Ugly Dog say.

"Or maybe not a tortoise," I then heard Wage say.

Ox then helps the new UglyDoll up.

"Is this where I get chosen to go to the Big World?" The new UglyDoll asked.

And just by looking at Moxy, I could tell she was excited.

"Welcome to Uglyville, friend. What's your name?" Ox asked the UglyDoll.

Some UglyDolls started yelling out some random names for the new UglyDoll. They all stopped when the new UglyDoll said something.

"Wedgehead?" The UglyDoll said, more in a questioning way.

"Great! I love literal naming!" Ox said. "Isn't that right, Gibberish Cat?" Ox then asked.

From beside me, Gibberish Cat was talking in gibberish. I like that cat.

"Everyone, let's give our new neighbor a tour," Ox then told everyone.

"I'll show her around," Ugly Dog said as he grabbed her arm and started dragging her everywhere around town.

Val and I followed him as he gave her a tour. First he showed her the newspaper stand as he bought a newspaper.

Ugly Dog:"Stop the press. Ugly Dog is here. Story of the day, of the month, of the year."

Ugly Dog then drags her into a building with a lot of different animals. He even changed his outfit.

Ugly Dog:"Here's a scoop on the way down-low. Now che-che-che-check out the flow."

Random Cat:"The cats are rappin'."

Random Lobster:"Lobsters snappin'."

Ugly Dog:"But only the dog makes the party happen."

Random Bird on DJ Set:"So put it in your  paper."

Random Seahorse:"Sealed with a kiss."

Ugly Dog:"It couldn't be better than this."

Val and I, along with everyone else ended up outside and set everything up to eat.

All:"Another madhouse night in a crazy-quilt world. And our hearts couldn't soar any higher."

We all sat down on a table as food was thrown in front of us.

All:"We got our freak flags flying completely unfurled. And we just couldn't be more on fire. And life's a nonstop blast. It's utter awesomeness."

We all then grabbed the food that was in front of us and Val and I gave each other a smirk.

All:"Yeah, it's crazy, you bet. But it couldn't get better than this."

"Food fight!" Ox yelled as we all started throwing food at each other.

All:"What could ever be better than this."

Me and Val:"Couldn't be better than this."