Chapter 14

Alexis's POV

Well, this sucks. I'm laying on my bed in my house in Uglyville, and I already miss my sister. I don't even feel like getting out of bed.

After we returned, they told everyone that we are rejects. Now everyone is miserable and crushed.

I look over to my sister's bed and I, of course, saw that Val wasn't there.

As I was laying down, I was also thinking about Nolan. I missed him. I just wanted to see him again.

I let out a sigh.

"I can't believe I actually left," I said to myself.

"Do you still want to go back?" I heard a familiar voice. I look in front of me and saw...

"Mandy? What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Alexis, you have to go back and complete the Gauntlet," Mandy told me.

"But what's the point?" I asked as I let out another sigh.

"That's where you're wrong," Mandy then said as she sat beside me on my bed. "You had a feeling you knew the truth and you never stopped believing. And you were right! I never would have had the courage to come here if it weren't for you and Moxy."

I then stand up and look at my wings through the mirror.

"If you give up now because you're not perfect, what hope do the rest of us have? With five eyes or wedged heads or glasses. You need to fight, Alexis. I already tried talking to Moxy, but she didn't listen. Show them it's our differences that make us shine," Mandy told me.

Now that I stop and think about it, she's right. Mandy did tell Val and I that she couldn't see well without her glasses. So I guess that's what makes her different.

All of a sudden, the scenery around us changed as a spotlight was light above me. I looked around and saw a lot of floating mirrors. And as the mirrors turned, I saw Mandy's reflection.

Mandy:"There's always gonna be someone tryin' to tear you down. Mockin' you for your mistakes."

I then heard Mandy's voice coming from behind me. I turn around and saw Mandy in the distance as the floating mirrors parted aside.

Mandy:"Oh. There's always gonna be someone messin' your head around."

A small smile appears on my face as I run beside her.

Mandy:"Watchin' you to see you break."

Suddenly, the mirrors in front of us rotated horizontally and made it look like stairs. We then start running up the stair-like mirrors.

Mandy:"So. Don't you let 'em call you out. Brush away the shame and doubt. Remember what you're all about and then."

Once we made it to the top, we grab onto each other's hand and jump off as stars trailed behind us.

Mandy:"Show 'em who you are. Show 'em that you're strong."

We land safely on a floating mirror as floating mirrors hovering around us as I saw my reflection.

Mandy:"Show 'em that you know where you belong. Open up their eyes. Force 'em all to see. Let 'em know you are and you'll always be... Unbreakable."

Lights then started shining bright from each mirror to the beat of the music.

Mandy:"Unbreakable. Unbreakable. Unbreakable, yeah."

I started getting into the beat of the music and sang the next part.

Me:"There's always gonna be someone sayin' you're something less."

The mirror we were standing on then started to levitate up above all the mirrors.

Mandy:"Let 'em talk. You know your heart."

Me and Mandy:"Oh."

Mandy then grabs my hands and swings me around. We then let go and start running up another flight of stair-like mirrors.

Mandy:"There's always gonna be someone callin' you second best."

Me:"Shut 'em down. Don't fall apart."

Me and Mandy:"No."

We make it to the top of the stairs and we see each other opposite from each other.

Mandy:"Don't you let 'em  in your head."

Me:"Doesn't matter what they said."

Me and Mandy:"Get up on your feet and then."

We both jump and pass by each other as we go towards the mirrors across from us.

Me and Mandy:"Show 'em who you are."

We then slide down a slope of mirrors.

Me and Mandy:"Show 'em that you're strong. Show 'em they've been seeing you all wrong. Open up their minds."

We then stop at the bottom and stand beside each other on our own mirror. We then grab onto each other's hand.

Me and Mandy:"Throw away the key. Tell 'em that you are and you'll always be unbreakable."

We gently push away from each other and we start going down a flight of mirror-like stairs.

Me and Mandy:"Unbreakable, yeah."

I land on the last mirror and look at my surroundings. There were mirrors with the reflection of Mandy floating around me.

Me:"You define yourself."

I then see that I'm levitating towards a mirror with Mandy as she vocalizes the song.

Me:"You and no on else."

As we got closer to each other, I lifted up my hand and reached out to her.

Me:"Show 'em who you are."

Mandy then reaches out for me as we got closer.

Mandy:"Show 'em that you're strong."

We then place our hand against each other's.

Me and Mandy:"Show 'em that you've known it all along."

A bright light then shines once my hand touches hers. The mirror in between us then disappears as I hold her other hand.

Me and Mandy:"Open every door. Own your destiny. Live as if  you are what you were and you've been and you'll always be unbreakable."

We then look at our surroundings and saw different images of dolls from Uglyville and the Institute.

Me and Mandy:"Unbreakable. Unbreakable. Unbreakable."

All of the mirror then circled around and then disappeared.

Me and Mandy:"Unbreakable."

We then hug as the song ended. And as we hugged, the scenery around us changed.

We then pull away from the hug and look at each other.

"Great song guys," I heard a familiar voice.

We turned to look at the direction we heard the voice, and we saw the Spy Girls.

"Oh, hello, Mandy. Lou's gonna love this," Tuesday said.

Lou? Oh, no.

Before I could even do anything, we were shoved inside a huge sack.

I wasn't expecting this day to go from bad to worse.