Chapter 4

Alexis's POV

It's the next day and Val and I are walking around town. We were enjoying the scene in front of us until we saw Moxy running in our direction with Lucky Bat, Ugly Dog, Babo, and Wage following close behind her.

Moxy also looked like she was in a great mood. I wonder why.

"Val, Alexis! Come on! We're gonna make our dreams come true!" Moxy told us.

I look at Val as she gave me the same confused look I had. We both shrugged and followed Moxy all the way to the only entrance to Uglyville.

I started panting as we all slowed down.

"What are we doing exactly?" I asked.

"Everything that comes to Uglyville arrives here. So if we're going to find the Big World, it's only logical we start here," Moxy told us.

Now I knew what she was talking about.

"Okay, the Big World and children do not exist," Wage said as she knocked down Lucky Bat.

"I just wanna have a look inside that flower. Who's with me?" Moxy then asked.

"Don't do it," Wage said.

I thought through it, and I made my decision.

"I'm with you," Val and I said at the same time. 

"I'm in!" Ugly Dog said.

"Me, too!" Babo said.

"Traitors," I heard Wage mumble.

"Eh? Come on. Come on over here. Hit me," Moxy said, waiting for Wage and Lucky Bat's response.

"Just a quick look," Wage said.

"And then we'll turn back," Lucky Bat then said.

"Yes! You guys are the ugliest," Moxy said.

I was excited now that we were actually doing something fun. And I bet my sister was as well.

"Now the only question is: How do we get up there?" Ugly Dog asked.

"That's a good question," I said as I slowly raised my wings. I then quickly grabbed onto Val and flew both of us up to the flower.

Once we landed inside, we looked at what was in front of us. It was so dark.

"This is creepy," I stated.

"Yeah. It is," Val said.

Just then, we heard someone yelling from behind us. We turn around to see Ugly Dog holding onto the ledge with a rope around his tail.

"Hey, Ugly Dog. Hang on," I said as Val and I held onto him to help keep him steady.

"Anytime now, guys. Let's go," Ugly Dog told the others as they all started climbing up, well Babo mostly.

Once they all reached to the top, they all were amazed at what they were looking at.

"Wow," They all said.

"Oh, good. A terrifying void," Wage said as they all stood up.

"That's always a good sign," Babo said.

"I don't think that's a good sign," Val said.

"This is what the inside of a flower looks like?" Ugly Dog then asked.

"Yeah, dark and creepy. All right, that's it. Let's go," Wage said as she started walking back, along with everyone else, except for Val, Moxy, and I.