Chapter 12

Alexis's POV

I was walking down the neighborhood as I looked up at the night sky. The only thing that gave light was the moon. And a few lamp posts.

I bet you're wondering where I'm going. Well, I'm going to the obstacle courses.

Why you may ask? Well to answer that question, I was struggling a bit while training. I just want to keep practicing so that I could get better.

Once I made it, I saw all of the obstacles.

There were monkey bars, avoiding paint, rope climbing, etc.

As I made it to the different obstacles, I thought I was alone. But I wasn't until I heard...

"Alexis?"

I quickly turn around and saw Nolan standing there.

"Oh, Nolan. It's you. What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Well, I saw you walking down the neighborhood and I just wanted to make sure you were... okay," Nolan said.

"Oh, I see," I said.

Why would Nolan want to make sure I was okay? Does he care for me?

"So, what are you doing out here?" He then asked me.

"Oh, I was just going to practice more on the obstacles. I was struggling a bit," I responded.

"Yeah, I was struggling, too," Nolan said.

It was silent for a bit, until he broke the silence.

"Look, Alexis. There has been something I've been meaning to tell you," Nolan told me. I looked at him with curiosity and then gestured for him to continue. I think I saw a slight blush on his cheeks. I was probably just hallucinating.

"So, from the first time we met, I have always been having this... feeling that you and I are closely related. And that we can be with each other. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that..." Nolan started to say.

What is he trying to say?

"I-I love you," He said while blushing.

He actually confessed to me!! Why would he love me?!! I don't deserve the love I want. I'm an Ugly.

I then sigh and look at him.

"Look, Nolan. I understand that you love me, but we aren't closely related. I'm an ugly and, to me, you're not. I don't deserve your love for me. I don't deserve any love," I told him.

He looked heartbroken. I felt bad that I actually said that, but it's true.

I then look away from him and started going to one of the obstacles. But something made me stop in my tracks.

Nolan:"You know I want you."

That was Nolan's voice. He was singing.

Nolan:"It's not a secret I try to hide. I know you want me. So don't keep saying our hands are tied."

I turn to look at Nolan and saw him walking towards me slowly.

Nolan:"You claim it's not in the cards and fate is pulling you miles away and out of reach from me. But you're here in my heart. So who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny?"

He then holds onto my hand gently.

Nolan:"What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine. Nothing could keep us apart."

Nolan then uses two hands to place mine above his heart.

Nolan:"You'd be the one I was meant to find."