Chapter 8

Alexis's POV

Well, we made it to our quarters. Moxy and the others were staying at a supply shed while Val and I were staying at a normal house like every other doll.

We talked with Mandy for a while. We got to know each other for a while.

Right now, Val and I were exploring everything in our house. We found our room, kitchen, living room, bathroom, etc.

I was getting bored. So I decided to explore everything at the institute, by myself.

As I was walking and passing by a few dolls, I wasn't looking where I was going and I bumped into someone. We both then fell down.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going," I started to apologize as I rubbed my head.

"It's okay. I wasn't looking where I was going either," said a male doll.

I looked up and saw that same boy doll that had that sign around his neck. We stared at each other for a while, but I broke the silence.

"Sorry. Here, let me help you," I said as I stood up and helped the boy doll up to his feet.

"Thanks. Hey, aren't you that one doll that came from ... Uglyville? Was it?" He asked.

"Yeah. That's me. I'm Alexis," I introduced myself as I blushed.

"I'm Nolan. It's nice to meet you," Nolan said as he blushed as well.

I then thought back at what happened to him during Lou's song.

"I saw you during Lou's song. You looked sad. Are you alright?" I asked him.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine," He said as he looked down, ashamed.

"Don't be sad. I don't think you're ugly. You look like a perfect doll to me," I told him to make him feel better.

On the outside, it looked like I was keeping my cool. But in the inside, I was yelling at myself. WHY DID I SAY THAT? !!

"You really think so?" He asked me.

"Yeah. You know not everyone's perfect. I think you look way more prettier than me, at least," I told him.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!! WHY AM I SO BAD AT TALKING TO HIM?!!

"I don't think you're ugly. You look perfect as well," He said as he scratched the back of his neck.

Why would he say I'm not ugly. I am. I don't deserve anyone's opinion. I don't even deserve anyone's love. Except for Val, of course.

"Th-thanks, I guess," I told him.

It was silent at the moment. All we could here was the sound of other dolls chatting in the background. I then broke the silence.

"Look, it was nice talking to you, Nolan. But I think I should get back to my sister. She might be worried," I told him.

"Oh, right. Of course. It was nice talking to you, Alexis," Nolan said.

"Yeah, you too," I said as I started taking a few steps back. "Bye," I told him as I started walking back home.

"Bye," He called out to me as he waved. And I swore I saw him blush as he walked his own way.

As I was walking home, I couldn't get his image out of my head. Am I actually falling in love with him?